Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

We Are Not Amused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhianht

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2001 10:19 pm    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Majesty Personnel and Fans--

It seems to me that the online support for Majesty is practically nonexistant -- there is nowhere available where one can play a multiplayer game over the internet. Surely, Cyberlore should at least provide a chat room where we fanatics can find one another and arrange a game, rather than leaving us to buy that $20 thing from Gamespy with no guarantee of finding anyone there in any case. It is an instance of great remissness as far as I'm concerned; one I hope will soon be rectified.

Jack deVair

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2001 10:27 pm    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the program from Gamespy is shareware. The $20 is what it costs to have it register it, after which they send you messages telling you about updates and lets you download the patches free of charge.

Unfortunatly for me the program doesn't run on win95. oh well....

------------------
there are two types of Alchemists: The Athletic and the Academic

The first can dive behind a safety wall in .9 seconds, the second knows exactly when to do this!

Kit5150

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 10:25 am    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

majesty multiplayer is currently in a state of transition - it is no longer supported on the zone, and games.com is still getting around to opening the lobbies.

until then, gamespy arcade is the only place to play. true, not many people know about it, so it is sometimes tough to find a game, but rest assured, when you do find one, it is usually a very challenging game since only the die hard fans know about it.

and gamespy is free, the $20 to register is optional. hope to see ya there

one last thing, both MFO and Majesty-Dragon do have chat rooms...im not sure if anyone has ever been there though

[This message has been edited by Kit5150 (edited 16 February 2001).]

Carch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 5:34 pm    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

Even an admission on the front page of the majesty site that the multiplayer is currently in transition (with pointers to this board for details) would be a welcome shift.

As it is now, it's just intensely frustrating for PC users to try to get multiplay going. It took me an entire saturday, and I'm not a novice when it comes ot computer games & techie setup thingies (technical term there).

At least the Mac users have the reliable GameRanger service!

_/\ C

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2001 3:14 pm    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure, Kit? It didn't lok optional to me.

------------------
Praise Dauros!

Carch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2001 4:24 pm    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

Gamespy Arcade is definitely free. I downloaded it from www.gamespyarcade.com, I'm using it, and I haven't paid a penny.

As far as I can tell, the only thing you get for your $20 is the ability to turn off the banners. Big deal. Oh, you also get "discounts" and "free offers" (a.k.a. SPAM... no thank you, Gamespy ;-)

Go to http://www.gamespyarcade.com/download/ and scroll to the BOTTOM of the page for the "Trial Version".

_/\ C

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 1:10 am    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

I give up! It's true.

------------------
Praise Dauros!

Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2001 1:07 pm    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

wish i knew...

i still havent played multiplayer

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 12:26 am    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Kit5150:
majesty multiplayer is currently in a state of transition -

But is multiplayer stability improved in the expansion? I still haven't seen a word on this.

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 10:27 am    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

GameSpy Arcade is going to be the default multiplayer service for Majesty from now on. Unfortuantely, there was no time to actually include the software on the expansion CD, but there will be a link to information explaining this and where to get GameSpy Arcade.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Soldier of Gondor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 7:10 pm    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

Awsome. I use gamespy for Counterstrike. Now I can use it for Majesty too! Marvelous.

------------------
-Loyal Soldier of Gondor

Gandalf465

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 3:02 pm    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

I assume you are looking for multimplayer on PC. Majesty for Mac ships with GameRanger an online gaming lobby. It rocks and I use it nightly. Lots of good challanges.

I love my Mac

------------------
Gandalf465

Prefect

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 11:59 pm    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

It was VERY VERY stupid for the zone to take away Majesty,but we can't do anything about nor can we play mulitplayer,because the damn Gamespy demo don't work

------------------
Prefect,The Royal Ranger

UConnBBall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 3:05 am    Post subject: We Are Not Amused Reply with quote Back to top

It wasn't the zones doing it was Hasbro. I think people goofed on this one at Hasbro.

-UConn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: