Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Expanded freestyle options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MWorius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 2:10 pm    Post subject: Expanded freestyle options Reply with quote Back to top

Here's some things I wouldn't mind seeing in a patch to expand freestyle options.

Player forces: Right now, players can start with almost every type of hero. There are a few exceptions. The only way to start with Krypta is United Faiths. How about an option to start with just Krypta? Also there are no options to start with elves, Helia or Lunord.

Monster forces are good, although I'd like to see an undead pattern on a large map. Almost all the undead are on small maps, and I don't have enough RAM to run the huge map. I have a preference for the larger maps over the small maps, because I like having the extra room.

There's been some talk about a Dirgo patch on this board recently, and I think adding special events for the bosses would be cool. It could be done something like this: an option for Dirgo and Vendral (as has been suggested), an option for the Phantoms, and an option for Styx and Stones. If these options are added, I'd like to see them handled like the Awake the Hunters option. It's a lot easier to deal with bosses if they're hiding in a random lair than if they pop up right at the beginning of the quest. Alternatively, they could appear sometime after the quest has started, like the Abomination option.

Landscape types. I've done a survey of the various landscape options, but there really doesn't seem to be a lot of variety. For example, the only option that has deserts is Ruins of Thallis. Landscape is a somewhat important consideration to me when designing freestyle options, but there doesn't seem to be a lot to work with.

------------------
Here comes trouble!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: