Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Trade Carts spontaneously combust...is this a glitch?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:45 pm    Post subject: Trade Carts spontaneously combust...is this a glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

I've had the cart thing happen to me too. I think it might have only been before I beat Legendary heroes, because I seem to remember playing it after I beat the whole game without any problems.

I bought Maj + NE separately in case it matters.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:58 am    Post subject: Trade Carts spontaneously combust...is this a glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

I bought Majesty and NE separately but Trade Routes worked for me... without completing Legendary Heros first.

Kim McNeill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Trade Carts spontaneously combust...is this a glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

I've had this same problem, again and again and again and, well, you get the picture. Here are some things I've noticed. I have the combo version. The carts that collaspe had zero gold when they entered the screen. They were at full HP when they collapsed. The carts will merrily go past the marketplace in order to die at the castle. I even tried using the cheats to get enough money to quickly build a Temple to Lunord so I could use Winged Feet. Then they could get to the castle quickly and fall apart. Every once in a while there will be a cart with some gold in it (and these can get to the marketplace), but there aren't enough of them to win the game. I have not played Legendary Heroes. Any of this helpful?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:12 am    Post subject: Trade Carts spontaneously combust...is this a glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... the caravans have 0 gold when they enter the screen? That's odd... if it was after, I would have said you were using Extort or something (and even then, I would think they still could reach the Marketplace).

Stomper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Trade Carts spontaneously combust...is this a glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

When I still had this "collapsing caravans" problem, I noticed the same symptom: the caravans would enter the screen with zero gold (see my post above). I wasn't extorting, nor were the caravans being robbed. The problem occurred every time I played TR until I beat Legendary Heroes.

Kim McNeill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Trade Carts spontaneously combust...is this a glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I just (and I do mean just) finished winning LH, after many tries. And so I promptly started TR. The first caravan had $0. So I restarted Majesty (but did not reboot) and started TR again. The first caravan had $0 gold. Grrrrrr. What now? Reboot? Surely this is not THIS difficult. Of course we are talking about MY life . . .

Stomper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:54 pm    Post subject: Trade Carts spontaneously combust...is this a glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

My theory about beating LH first seems weaker all the time. I erased victories and beat TR on the first try, without beating LH first. I have searched this topic, and cannot tell that anyone has ever identified a solution. Goldy's suggestion is to save a game with this problem and email it to the official Cyberlore Tech Support. Since I can't seem to duplicate the problem anymore (thank goodness!), I can't do it.

ralnhak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Trade Carts spontaneously combust...is this a glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

I have finished all other quests except for legendary heroes and Trade Routes in the Northern Expansion. But for the life of me I can NOT get past Trade Routes. I've read the walk through and tried to follow it but I can't beat that level. What seems to happen is that my caravans do not go to my Marketplace. They are in full/good health and they have a direct route to the Marketplace but they go to my Castle instead and just fall over? I've even upgraded my Castle to the 3rd level and recruited a Lunor's Guild and given the caravans winged feet, but they still go to the Castle. :/ I've read all the posts here, has anyone figured this out yet? I guess I can try to use the cheat on LH and see if the game works correctly.

Also, I have installed it on 3 different machines with 3 diff OS's, all from the same cd. And ALL TR's do the same thing to me! UGGGG.

TIA

Karrade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Trade Carts spontaneously combust...is this a glitch? Reply with quote Back to top

I beat TR way before LH as well, but I'm also using GOLD Edition. I only played the quest once and finished it. I never paid much attention to the carts, but since it was completed sucessful, I'll assume I didn't have the glitch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: