Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty HoA; Exploration
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Majesty HoA; Exploration Reply with quote Back to top

Talespinner did say that he adjusted the artifice thing so lower number heros would still find stuff because apparently in the beginning, there were complaints that they weren't finding anything.

However, I have noticed a bit that the lower numbers do tend to find "more" stuff than heros in the teens (not sure about 20+). I don't know if that's also dependent on hero class or not.

I'm just having trouble leveling up my lower HP heros/ranged because they're generally not suited for H2H combat. I tend to enter combats with 2 Ratmen just so I can get some hits in and some XP, even though I know I won't survive (especially Gnomes, Wizards, and Rogues).

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: Majesty HoA; Exploration Reply with quote Back to top

The real secret is to go to the lower level. Then you need to find enough gold and items to sell, so you can get a ring of protection and scail mail (if your character can wear armor). Once you have your equipment, you can survive long enough to win a few incounters. Once your hero gets about 20 HP you should start winning most of your encounters and gain levels fairly quickly.

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:25 pm    Post subject: Majesty HoA; Exploration Reply with quote Back to top

Once your Wizard learns Fire Shield, encounters last much longer. The bad thing about the wizard class though, is they don't get any new spells between 2nd and 5th level. Then after 5th level they don't get any useful spells for the sewers. So, the real key levels for wizards are 2nd and 5th. Once TS gives Fire Blast and Meteror Storm to the Wizards things will be much better.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:21 pm    Post subject: Majesty HoA; Exploration Reply with quote Back to top

Just some time to type in a few things about exploration.

The current Sewer exploration model works like this:

1. Roll against Artiface to see if anything is found/encountered. If not, then find nothing.
2. If found something, then do a random roll to see if it's gold, an item, or an encounter. etc.

So you see, the types of encounters are purely random while the probability of getting any encounter depends on Artiface.

Hope this answers a few questions.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Majesty HoA; Exploration Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by wavefront:
The real secret is to go to the lower level. Then you need to find enough gold and items to sell, so you can get a ring of protection and scail mail (if your character can wear armor). Once you have your equipment, you can survive long enough to win a few incounters. Once your hero gets about 20 HP you should start winning most of your encounters and gain levels fairly quickly.

Well, I tried that with the Rogue but he's just too weak to stand up in any of the fights, so much that he would get more XP from dying on the first level than on the second, and he wasn't finding anything. It was getting to be a pain to keep going to the Agrela temple and healing up and going back in the sewers So I just wait until I'm about 4th level and have good equipment before I go down to the second (which then makes it kind of moot anyway, since all you can do then is gain levels at an astonishing rate )

Patrel_Rushlock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Majesty HoA; Exploration Reply with quote Back to top

I think a system needs to be added for Rangers to gain XP from exploring, regardless of what they find. I know this would tip balance for them, so make the amount of XP gained from exploring very small.

Also, as for making the game into true dungeon crawling, I'd personally prefer the current, random system. Pre-set maps would be difficult to navigate, and I just prefer the simplier random version.

One thing I can't stress enough is that in my opinion, turns that result in no encounter of any kind are pointless. My wizard went 6 turns without any kind of encounter at all, and it will take 6 hours to get those turns back. This just seemed to be an anti-productive aspect.

Otherwise I've had fun with the game and cant wait to see what happens.

Albatross

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Majesty HoA; Exploration Reply with quote Back to top

My Healer took 49 turns without finding a single battle, which, by the way, she would have won... with powershock and flameshield spells... ...she did find a few items, but she does not need any of them, being quite rich already. Then, two hours later, she found one battle out of those two turns. (She won.) This was in the lower sewers. Does an artifice of 4 mean only one encounter out of fifty turns?? Or just bad luck?

Patrel_Rushlock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Majesty HoA; Exploration Reply with quote Back to top

My idea for exploration/HoA world:

Think of things in a circular pattern. The Palace and shops/temples are at the center, next ring out is the sewers/lower sewers. Next would be surrounding wilderness. Next would be..... You get the idea.

This is all assuming ofcourse that maps are'nt made for the game. (which I personally dont want to see maps)

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: Majesty HoA; Exploration Reply with quote Back to top

There will be JPEG or GIF maps in the game, but they won't be necessary and they won't appear on the screen unless you've asked to view them. This is to reduce the amount of bandwidth your struggling browser is already dealing with.

Eventually, everyone would get used to just navigating around with text links and will only view the map when they're bored or just want to take a look-around. But, as I said, looking at the maps aren't necessary to play the game.

Patrel_Rushlock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:42 pm    Post subject: Majesty HoA; Exploration Reply with quote Back to top

So, maps would merely show what section the character is in, and not like a map with tunnels that we have to navigate thru like a maze? lol

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: