Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Why do Solari get the small hammer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smeagol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
You don't like to intervene with some sovereign spells?

IMHO the adept spells are better than the Solarii spells, but the Solarii wins in just about every other category, including overall category.

It is harder for me to use adepts effeciently as I feel their best spells are very time specific oriented.

Rangerman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I think Adepts are better than Solarii... My main reason is that they're really fast, so they can run from most monsters: I really don't like it when slower heroes get killed by a monster because they can't run fast enough. The Solarii spells are okay, but overall for me, Adept wins.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Of course Solarii don't run away from tough opponents. They kill them. Solarii tend to require more babysitting than adepts, but they also give a better return on the investment. Heroes who play it safe are no good to me when they never enter combat and gain the experience they need to *not* run in terror when I need their services badly. And, despite their formidable stats, level 1 adepts flee in terror from ratmen. No hero is going to gain many levels beating on giant rats. They're simply cowards.
Lunord's sovereign spells are more flexible, but one useful ability of Fire Strike is that, in the original Majesty, it can be used with Healing to force fleeing heroes to reconsider their decision. A hero fleeing in terror with less than max hit points will reevaluate their situation once healed, so I torch, and then heal them. Very useful for warriors with following healers, too.

M

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Alfryd, disciple of Krolm.:
Heroes who play it safe are no good to me when they never enter combat and gain the experience they need to *not* run in terror when I need their services badly. And, despite their formidable stats, level 1 adepts flee in terror from ratmen. No hero is going to gain many levels beating on giant rats. They're simply cowards.

Haven't you got any guardhouses? This sounds like Adept behavior in a 0-guardhouse kingdoM.

M

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
Its been my experience that if you want pure muscle AND firepower in your town, ya need to hire Solari.

In your town? My experience is that Solarii generally aMount to pure muscle and firepower soMewhere off in the wilderness.

Krypta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Don't you ever build guardhouses. Solari will garrison them if you build them. Keeping them in the town.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:
Haven't you got any guardhouses? This sounds like Adept behavior in a 0-guardhouse kingdoM.

I typically have upwards of 3 guardhouses in my kingdom, more if I'm defending distant outposts. Fewer in multiplayer, but I don't even consider using adepts then.

[ 14. March 2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Alfryd, disciple of Krolm. ]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

I think Solarii will go after a reward flag if it's high enough that takes precedence over their Garrisoning... I've never had a problem where they stay put in a Guardhouse.

Of course, by the time I get Solarii, I have a bunch of other heros running around so I don't pay particular attention to them; as long as someone's answering the reward, it's all good

smeagol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Alfryd, disciple of Krolm.:
Of course Solarii don't run away from tough opponents. They kill them. Solarii tend to require more babysitting than adepts, but they also give a better return on the investment. Heroes who play it safe are no good to me when they never enter combat and gain the experience they need to *not* run in terror when I need their services badly. And, despite their formidable stats, level 1 adepts flee in terror from ratmen. No hero is going to gain many levels beating on giant rats. They're simply cowards.
Lunord's sovereign spells are more flexible, but one useful ability of Fire Strike is that, in the original Majesty, it can be used with Healing to force fleeing heroes to reconsider their decision. A hero fleeing in terror with less than max hit points will reevaluate their situation once healed, so I torch, and then heal them. Very useful for warriors with following healers, too.

I can tell that you have played both adepts and solarii extensively....I agree with all dozen or so of your points and couldnt have said it better myself...I feel the same way. We probably have similar playing styles

Alfryd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

You're too kind. I mainly got to grips with adepts so I could complete the Wrath of Krolm without my heroes raiding lairs. One of the few quests where cowardice was a positive advantage...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: