Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

hero Groups
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

Since we're on the subject of heroes grouping, again I'd like to point out how crappy the "follow and support" behavior is overall. The only hero pair it really works great for is the healer/warrior combination.
The barbarian and Ranger team is ok but when something attacks the ranger he's usually on his own and he dies while the barbarian wanders away oblivious to anything that's attacking his buddy.
And I said this way in the beginning and I'll say it again, the wizard is one craptacular follow and supporter. He's usually on the other side of town or on the other side of the map of what or whoever he's following, and then when some rogue monster like a werewolf or shadowbeast or something finds him, he's in "follow and support" mode and will not attack or flee or even react except for screaming "i'm melting"
WHY do wizards take 2 steps, stop and take another 2 steps, stop, etc when they follow and support? They can not keep up when they do this. This causes them to fall way behind of the monk/hero they're supporting. And ultimately this causes them to die. Why didn't this get fixed in any of the patches? Why??

Zeratul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

I think that they made Wizards inherantly stupid (in some ways) so that they are not anymore powerful than they already are. I like it as it stands, with Wizards being a big gambling chip. Should you play your cards right, you have an amazing force in your army, but should you play poorly (or just have bad luck), they are a huge hole in your pocketbooks.

Anyway, my fav group would have to be 2 Barbs and Wizard backup. Thats a shredding machine, provided they are high enough level.

M

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:
Favorite? That's an entirely different question!

Mine is: WoD, Healer, Priestess.

Have you ever seen these three in a group in-game?
No. The question is what My favorite hero group is, not my favorite possible hero group.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

Along Tiger's lines, I hate when skeletons go off on their own and leave their Priestess. I guess it's their "explore" behavior or something, but it really leaves the Priestess undefended...

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Spidey that annoys me too! I forgot about that argh!

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

Paladin, Wizard, Adept

Paladin goes and finds the monsters when they enter the screen. Wizard teleports in behind Paladin and starts zapping. Menwhile, the other monsters go by and start whacking a nearby trading post. Adept teleports/runs in and starts whacking. By this time, Paladin has finished and helps Adept. Wizard turns around and ZAP, POOF, KAZAM, their tosted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: