Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Adepts vs Solarii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunsoar

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

Adepts flee less often when they are near guardhouses. This will offset their usual fearfulness when defending your kingdom, and if you get enough guardhouses(3 to 5 is probably enough in a normal kingdom), then the Adepts will probably flee less than Solarii !

Tiger

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by SkullStar, Paladin of Krypta:
and if you get enough guardhouses(3 to 5 is probably enough in a normal kingdom), then the Adepts I've had even moderate and high level adepts flee from things when they're in close proximity to guardhouses. I doubt that the proximity a hero is to a guardhouse has any effect on their behavior with the sole exception (no pun intended) of the Solari.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, wait a minuet! I know of a good way to use Agrela, Dauros, & Lunord that wouldn't work with Helia.
1. An adept is patrolling the city when he sees a Troll. He starts whaking at it
2. Your monks come out of their temple or inn, and start shuffling towords the troll.They arn't going fast enough, so you cast winged feet on them
3. When they get there, they begin whaking at the Troll.
4. Menwhile, the Adept has 1-5 HP left, when
5. a healer comes along and heals him, or
5. YOU heal him with the sovrign spell.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

Monks and wizards do benefit from winged feet's speed bonus, but vigilance offers better all-round value, and takes much less infrastructure investment. I never seem to rear my wizards to high enough levels to try out windstorm. Probably thanks to those monks...
Level 11 enemy monk walks up to newly constructed helia temple pumping solarii. Level 9 monk and paladin rush to enage. Those monks are nearly indestructable. My solarii each walk away level 10 or better. True story.
Solarii have great offensive skills, but their defense is only moderate. I spend a lot of time healing the bronzed beauties.
Monk + vigilance to grab their attention, followed up by paladin + blessing and solarii + stoneskin. Yeah baby.

smeagol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Alfryd, disciple of Krolm.:
Level 11 enemy monk walks up to newly constructed helia temple pumping solarii. Level 9 monk and paladin rush to enage. Those monks are nearly indestructable.

I would have to agree completely.
In a game I had a few weeks ago against either housefish or river_relic, (I played them both about the same time and cant remember which one) he had 8 monks, 4 of which were over level 10. It took me over 20 days to kill all 8 of them.

He had them in a formation of 3 or 4 he called a wall, and kept saying "Hold the line" LOL

Few of my hero's could make it around or by them, and and never fell until he got closer to my kingdom and I could sick multiple hero's on them at once.

As you said, they were nearly indestructible.

M

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

What I want to know is why do all threads about Solarii and Adepts inevitably end up talking about Monks and Paladins?

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

You get that ISP problem resolved, Cooker, because I'm really, really looking forward to playing you. You have a lot of nice ideas that, in practice, will be fun to watch you try.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Merlin the Black:
To kill a monk:

Place 1000 reward flag on his head, cast wither on him and gate wizards close to him.

Withered monk will never reach a wizard blasting him away.

So, Cooker spends 1000 for the reward, 400 for Wither and 2000 the Gate in his Wizards, all the while he must be hoping the opponent doesn't cast Anti-magic Shield on the Monk, making his Wizards useless.

In fact, this is my new inspiration for the Stump the Cooker topic, seen elsewhere in this forum. Let's see if we can stump Cooker, or at least drive him to distraction with his ability to solve any problem you have (provided you have unlimited Gold, Heroes and Time.)

Gravity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

Ok back to the original question. Solari VS Lunord..... I currently use solari in MP play cuz they work real well. I like adepts but they dont seem to hold up well agianst high level solari. Do i think they are a weaker guild?....No not necessarily , i just dont think ive masterd there full potential. Barbarians are dificult to defend agianst, but not impossible

smeagol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to use solarii most of the times.

Based on the way I play, the time I am most likely to use adepts are in the following situation:

1) MajX instead of Majesty because of the gate spell
2) 4-way game
3) Large (or huge) map

If all 3 of those are true, I will sometimes use adepts mainly for the use of their level 2 sovereign spell which help a little to counter the gate spell which I feel is vital on a large (or huge) map. (You have to have a very good economy to use this expensive spell.)
I think river_relic was the first person to actually use this against me.

If only 2 of the above are true, I will rarely use adepts, and if only 1 of the above is true I will almost never use adepts.

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

To kill a monk:

Place 1000 reward flag on his head, cast wither on him and gate wizards close to him.

Withered monk will never reach a wizard blasting him away.

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, I think many of you failed to notice that adept are excellent in conjunction with gate. They patrol the city and will always end up in the gate, to make it better, adept will finish off the target then proceed to retreat with such speed that by the time your enemy respond, they will only catch dust they kicks up. Unless you are using gate against target in enemy magic domain or a particularly tough target, you will generally successes with very little losses, and unlike paladin, they go to mausoleum if they die. So it won’t be a problem even if they die.

Diablo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:34 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

In Single Player Games (Freestyle and quests) I usually use Solarii, because of the Sun Scorch spell. I think of it as a range-less, slightly weaker version of the Lightning Storm. I'm sure this would be really useful in MP games as well (I wouldn't know, I've never played an MP MajX game) because you just need to explore the enemy's area and then sun scorch the enemy's Tax Collectors and Caravans to Freeze the money flow. Solarii also have a knack for Exploring and finding lairs, a very useful ability. Plus, when they die, they let loose a powerful sun scorch that toasts all nearby enemies. On top of it all, Helia guild spells are cheaper than the Lunlord ones. Of course, this need not be an issue... simply hit enter and type in "Build Anything" and there you go!

Me? I use Krolm, all the time! Rage of Krolm ROX!!!!! Plus, at higher levels, Barbarians get knocked unconcious instead of dying. They almost always go berserk, making them highly uselful combatants. And 6 barbarians per temple also adds value to them.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: