Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:34 am    Post subject: The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages Reply with quote Back to top

Advantages: You can build buildings, have peasants, tax collectors, and palace guards, place bounties, have easy viewing and access to your heroes, henchMen, and buildings, and check your statistics there.

Disadvantages: When it's killed, you lose.

M

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot to Mention another Disadvantage: You have to listen to the Royal Advisor shouting "The Palace is under seige!"

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages Reply with quote Back to top

Disadvantage: it's the topic of a thread that is utterly and completely pointless.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages Reply with quote Back to top

We could compare the palace advantages/disadvantages to The Outpost.

Outpost is smaller than the palace and has fewer hitpoints. It cannot be upgraded to allow level 3 hero guilds if no palace is present. It can only ever support two peasants. But....

You can build more than one outpost. It houses 6 heroes. With each Outpost you add to your kingdom you get additional peasants and tax collectors.

I like the Outpost. It is actually more useful than the more ostentatious palace....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages Reply with quote Back to top

OK, then, Goldy, you think it's more useful, let's play some MP, and you'll use only Outposts...

Outposts are a useful tool. They do not beat the Palace in any way, shape or form, but are merely a nice plus.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages Reply with quote Back to top

No thank you Steven. No where in my post did I make a comparative analysis of whether a kingdom with Outposts only was better than a kingdom with a Palace. That is completely ridiculous.

To my knowledge there is no way to set up a two player LPS game and pit an Oupost kingdom against a Palace kingdom even if I had been thinking anything remotely in those terms.

Not every one of my posts about Majesty is predicated upon a particular feature's usefulness in an LPS multi-player game. Some of us play quests and free-style and have fun with that without spending all our time trying to figure out how to prove our superiority to other players in an LPS game. If that is your aim I freely give that contest to you without playing. I am not interested in the exercise.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
OK, then, Goldy, you think it's more useful, let's play some MP, and you'll use only Outposts...

Down, Fang, down! Be sweet to the nice lady! She's only trying to be helpful and fair... and to find a way to justify this topic. Now go get a Scooby-Snack and chill.

- The Wife

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Gravity

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages Reply with quote Back to top

Origanily posted by steven of nine
--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
Personaly i think this topic is pointless and kind of silly as well....but if its a challenge you seek then play me in outposts . Im still waiting, lol

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages Reply with quote Back to top

The Outpost is definately harder to use than the Palace, because though you can build more, it costs 11400 for the second and you're usually too busy trying to set up your economy defense during that time. Thus, you are hamstrung with only 2 peasants and 1 tc for the longest time while with the Palace, you usually can upgrade to level 2 pretty quickly and get 4 peasants and 2 tc (not including the one you get for the fountain, which presumably you'll achieve pretty quickly).

It is good if you want to destroy a Temple so you can start another Temple of a different path but keep the heros

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages Reply with quote Back to top

The one quest I can think of that might have been easier with an Outpost instead of a Palace is Wrath of Krolm. If you are trying to win the Quest through combat instead of with Wizard Towers it is so easy to lose Guilds in that one. Particularly Agrela.

[ 02. June 2003, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

smeagol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: The Palace: Its Advantages and Disadvantages Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
The one quest I can think of that might have been easier with an Outpost instead of a Palace is Wrath of Krolm. If you are trying to win the Quest through combat instead of with Wizard Towers it is so easy to lose Guilds in that one. Particularly Agrela.

I think I see where you are going with this. Because the outpost can house 6 hero's and the palace cant, the outpost has 1 advantage in that if you lose many of your guilds, your hero's will stay in your kingdom.
This is a good point.

IMHO, Except for the fact of the outpost housing 6 hero's and you can build more, I tend to agree with Steven of Nine who said it closest to the same way I feel when he said:
quote:
Outposts are a useful tool. They do not beat the Palace in any way, shape or form, but are merely a nice plus.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: