Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Supermonks/too much time on my hands
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingWill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 9:21 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

You cant build all of that before the first wave comes at day 2.

------------------
Battle: "My Power Grew"
"I have lived a thousand years and will live a thousand more"
"My Power Grew"
"I'm Melting"
Moral: One level 8 wizard will always die to Vendral the Mighty Dragon.

Apple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 9:38 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

Ummm, KingWill, I think Camper was playing Monsterous Hordes on a Large map. It's much easier since Mr. Rocky takes a day or two to arrive.

Camper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2000 1:44 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

True, that first wave is kind of random for me. I'm not yet expert enough to survive every time. I usually use gnomes and guardtowers and rouges and just hope for the best. Then I slowly build up. Usually, if I can get my palace up to second level and monks created I'm OK, but it doesn't work every time. I also didn't start out with 10,000 gold. I usually do 15,000 or 20,000. 10,000 is quite hard.

I've found that wizards and the invis. spell work the best, but I've also had good success with the monks.

I'd say I manage to get to the point where I can finish the game about 1 out of every 2 or 3 times. I bet some of the real experts can do it every time. I'm don't usually post anything this long, because I'm supposed to be working, so I probably didn't give you enough details. I'll try and do better next time.

DreamRain

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I'm bumping this thread up, so I don't make a brand new one w/this babbling post. Heh.

Haven't played Majesty or NE in a while...re-installed it the other day - but no NE, no patches. I remembered the 'supermonk' thing and spent quite a few hours fililng a Large werewolf/varg map with them. Took me days and days and DAYS (game days) but I finally had a tidy little town w/25 SuperMonks (probably most had picked up 6 or 7 of those rings), teleporting everywhere, etc. I couldn't stop laughing.

One odd thing tho...I kept recruiting 1 Rogue at a time then dismissing him....after 4, I expected a house to pop up. They didn't. But a house popped up when I recuited 4 Monks for new temples. It was as if, since I dismissed the Rogue before recruiting a 2nd one, it didn't count. But I thought houses popped up when I did it back when. Strange.

(For folks new to this supermonk concept, it doesn't work with the Expansion).

M

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:42 am    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

SoMetiMes I like to have fun with superheroes. I once got a wizard who beat the Wtich King singlehandedly! (I did cheat.) I also learned that the Mighty Vendral isn't invulnerable after all-A 30000 strength hero can kill hiM in one blow! (For that Matter, a 30000 strength hero can kill ANYTHING in one blow!) Signs are the only things in Majesty that are truly indestructible, and the one in Rescue the Prince can be killed by Now You Die. Rogues will proceed to loot the gravestone of that sign, as well as that of any Treasure Chest you kill in a siMilar fashion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: