Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

weapon, armor and enchantment bonuses for heroes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murlo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: weapon, armor and enchantment bonuses for heroes Reply with quote Back to top

i have a couple of questions about weapon and armor...
when u look at a hero's portrait, on the left
side there are weapon and armor icons telling
the weapon name with it's value in parenthesis, and sometimes there are pluses to it, right?
so my question is - the armor( or weapon) itself, without bonuses, is bought from the blacksmith? and the pluses come from enchantments at wizard towers, right?
also, sometimes when a bunch of heroes destroy a building, a rotating shield and/or sword may appear above them, as if they just visited the blacksmith and bought armor or weapon. what is that? does it give those pluses?

hope i didnt confuse u with my long questions

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: weapon, armor and enchantment bonuses for heroes Reply with quote Back to top

Murlo, you were right on the first part. Heroes get their actual improved armor and weapons at the blacksmith and the +1 etc by them is from the enchantments from the Wizards guild that strengthens any existing armor (and stays if they get better stuff at the blacksmith)
When you see the little weapon/armor spinning thing when heroes destroy a lair it means that they got that item from destroying the lair, thus its like they won/found the equipment rather than actually buying it. Heroes sometimes but rarely find weapons and armor that are stronger from destroying lairs that they can't buy in town. If you ever see a Rogue with a +4 crossbow of pain in a quest, it probably swiped it when he was "stealing" from a lair.
Sorry for if my answers were long.

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 09 January 2002).]

Star_Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: weapon, armor and enchantment bonuses for heroes Reply with quote Back to top

Ok It Works Like This.

Weapon & Armor UPs Are At A BLACKSMITH.

Poising Weaopns Is ( Are ) At a LV2 Rouges Guild.

Weapon & Armor Enchantments Are A WIZARDS TOWER THINGY.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:54 am    Post subject: weapon, armor and enchantment bonuses for heroes Reply with quote Back to top

And, enchantments, as noted above, come from Lairs, too.

Has anyone noted the progression? Can you have a +1 weapon, say, and pick up a +3 from a lair, or would you simply get a +2, since that's the next thing?

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Steven Of Nine)

All your base are belong to us.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:00 am    Post subject: weapon, armor and enchantment bonuses for heroes Reply with quote Back to top

Have not paid too close attention to it so have no idea.

------------------
Thwip!

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: weapon, armor and enchantment bonuses for heroes Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
And, enchantments, as noted above, come from Lairs, too.

Has anyone noted the progression? Can you have a +1 weapon, say, and pick up a +3 from a lair, or would you simply get a +2, since that's the next thing?

I think you can a +3 right off the bat. But I would be real interested in seeing the probality table for finding items in a monsters lair. I suspect that the more HP the lair has the better the chance you get something good.

Also has anyone seen a hero with any of the items beyond the "gold" level items avaliable at the blacksmith??

------------------
"Hey, it's good to be the King."
- Mel Brooks History of the World Part I

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: weapon, armor and enchantment bonuses for heroes Reply with quote Back to top

A preistess I had got a staff of spite from the tomb of the dragon king, and a WoD in another level got a scythe of enthalpy or something. There's a topic about these weapons somewhere.

Xanad_U_DOD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: weapon, armor and enchantment bonuses for heroes Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can get just about anything (short of transcending the "gold level" weapons) at a lair - the bigger the critter inside, the bigger the reward.

------------------
"I don't have internal monologues - I have internal dialogues!"

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:56 pm    Post subject: weapon, armor and enchantment bonuses for heroes Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah,I remember a thread that had a bunch of weapon stuff on it.

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: weapon, armor and enchantment bonuses for heroes Reply with quote Back to top

I think it was called "Have you seen these"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: