Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Paladins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian003

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Paladins Reply with quote Back to top

Could someone tell me about recruting Paladins? If I play a unified faiths game, I get then icons to recuit Paladins, Warriors of Discord and just plain Knights, but whenit comes to putting up the money I only get the option for discord and knights. Do I have to destroy a temple or somthing?

Ct0fDiscord

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Paladins Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, you have to get rid of your temple to fervus and krypta. Then you can build a temple to duoros (forgot how to spell it) and then you can train paladins, but no warriors of discord. You would need a temple to fervus. Really, in the game, you choose a faith to follow.

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Paladins Reply with quote Back to top

He's talking about the freestyle option, Unified Faiths.

In that scenario if you want Paladins, you would have to destroy the Temple to Fervus if you want Paladins. The Warriors Guild is only able to recruit Warriors and Paladins or Warriors of Discord if the Temple to Dauros or Fervus exist. If both temples exist, Warriors of Discord are the only thing other than Warriors that can be recruited. In my opinion, it should be changed to allow both in situations like this, but that's what it's like now.

Tiger

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:28 pm    Post subject: Paladins Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder why it's set up like that? Nobody was ever forthcoming with an explanation for this.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Paladins Reply with quote Back to top

It's very simple, really.

It's all to do with limited space in the Warrior's Guild rest rooms. The Warriors have their own lockers and ensuite toilets in their dorms, but additional hero types need to use the 'guest' rest rooms that are available out the back.

The original design actually allowed all three types of heroes to have their basic ammenities in the Guild - Paladins require pink-tiled showers, powder-rooms, individual shoe-closets and vanity tables, while Wods just need a urinal. However, given that the average WoD can't tell a urinal from a sanitary disposal box, paladins immediately refuse to join a Warrior's Guild if there are WoDs in there, and will move out if WoDs move in.

Simple?

Apple

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: Paladins Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting explanation. But scientific observations show that the Paladins do not move out if a WoD moves in. It's theoretically possible that the Paladins were so firmly established that it would be a lot of work to move out. Thus they remain with the excuse that they were not about to be routed by some oversized chaotic muscles.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 7:02 am    Post subject: Paladins Reply with quote Back to top

Have you seen some of those Paladins... short haircuts, sleeveless tee shirts on their days off. They seem right at home with the WoDs.

Brian003

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Paladins Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: