Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

How does Fervus work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrimeEvil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:09 pm    Post subject: How does Fervus work? Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all...im fairly new to this game and i would like to know if any of you know how far a cultist can go.

I know they charm Rocs, Vargs and Hellbears like nothing. But ive seen them talk both Werewoves and Medusas into joining my side.

Do they require a certain level to charm bigger monsters or are there just a number of monsters that are "Charmable"?

I could just imagine my Cultists running around the map recuiting dragons and convincing stone golems that they've got it all wrong...they should only attack the ones with yellow health bars.

I would just love to welcome a dragon with as open arms as my level 7 Priestesses does with Vampires....Welcome to the family...

------------------
I throw dagger to you...You give me pretty star or I'll...make that medusa kill you!!!

Tanara

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:59 pm    Post subject: How does Fervus work? Reply with quote Back to top

As I understand it, charming is to do with intelligence, so the smarter the hero, the more likely they are to charm something, whether alive or dead. I *think* dragons and stone golems are too smart to be charmed, and I can only recall seeing charmed daemonwoods as being there from the start, in the Wytch King and The Day of Reckoning, never from one of my cultists. Somewhere there's an old post about priestesses charming the phantoms in The Magic Ring, maybe that will help.

------------------
- Are you willing to flirt with Death?
- Is she cute?

PrimeEvil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 6:55 am    Post subject: How does Fervus work? Reply with quote Back to top

ok Tanara...Thanks!

I just played Dragonkings tomb, and i was watcing out for my cultists real bad, but although one of them got to level 36 he still didnt feel like charming dragons.

But i had much use for them like bait, because of the health boost they get when shapeshifting they can sustain a lot of dragonfire, and while they distract the dragons my mages can gun them down....Nice teamwork!!

------------------
I throw dagger to you...You give me pretty star or I'll...make that medusa kill you!!!

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:44 am    Post subject: How does Fervus work? Reply with quote Back to top

Cultists charm "beasts" and "werewolfs"
Priestesses charm "undead"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:46 am    Post subject: How does Fervus work? Reply with quote Back to top

I think there's a full list of what can be charmed by Cultists, but aside from the Vargs, Rocs, and Hellbears from the Temple (and lair monsters), they can charm Rats and Werewolves and Wendigos in Northern Expansion. They can't charm Dragons or Rock Golems or Daemonwoods (they come pre-charmed in Day of Reckoning; I don't think in Witch King) and I'm pretty sure priestesses can't control phantoms; they're not "undead" (although the old post would help if you can dig it up).

------------------
Thwip!

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 8:42 pm    Post subject: How does Fervus work? Reply with quote Back to top

Priestesses cannot control phantoms, and the most powerful thing cultists can charm are wendigoses. Priestesses can control shadowbeasts, though.

MWorius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:13 pm    Post subject: How does Fervus work? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
I think there's a full list of what can be charmed by Cultists, but aside from the Vargs, Rocs, and Hellbears from the Temple (and lair monsters), they can charm Rats and Werewolves and Wendigos in Northern Expansion.

Here's a list of monsters I've seen cultists charm:

Giant Rats
Rocs
Vargs
Werewolves
Medusae
Rust Spitters
Hellbears
Giant Spiders

There's also the Wendigos from NE, but I haven't seen that. So far I've been battling the Wendigos with barbarians only.

------------------
Here comes trouble!

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 10:43 am    Post subject: How does Fervus work? Reply with quote Back to top

Rust Spitters must be low on the totem poll; I don't think I've ever seen mine charm them.

If you haven't seen them charm Wendigos, then I won't spoil it for ya

------------------
Thwip!

neo_cleo17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 8:07 pm    Post subject: How does Fervus work? Reply with quote Back to top

No, Rust Spitters are just so darn annoying everyone would rather kill them...

RedChaos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 9:19 pm    Post subject: How does Fervus work? Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I've had an army of rust-spitters run around harassing vampires, it was cool.

------------------
Smitten with Love I am the Kitten

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: