Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Ratman Plague
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 10:59 pm    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

How about this for a challenge:
Having two Minitaurs fighting.

Apple

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 10:06 pm    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

I tried out my Dryad-steal challenge. It was tougher than I thought. By the time the Rogues could afford Shapeshift Tinctures, there are plenty of other things on the map to distract them from stealing.

Apple

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 1:41 am    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

I did it!
HA HA HA HA
I did it!

Found a way with a high chance of success.

I think I'll put this challenge in Heroic Achievements.

KernelQ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 3:30 pm    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, I've been away for a while and this post just took off. The large ratman in both regular and expansion will slash at your marketplace and you will lose a significant amount of cash (up to quarter of what's there or so). Their first two swipes reduce the amount in your market, after that they only do damage. It may vary, but I'm certain I've seen this. Trolls do not steal that I'm aware of and I'm not sure about the ratman champions, archers or preistiss etc.

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 10:09 pm    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Tiger, I'm pretty sure I saw a wizard shapeshift and attack a minotaur before. Don't see why though; magic would have been much more effective.

Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:12 pm    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

Ratmen stealing is a boost to your low-level heroes economic wellbeing, a little hero comes up kills the ratman and suddenly has teh entire days income of the marketplace to spend, htey just run back in and spend it getting some nice rings and things whilest inside.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 3:00 am    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

ratmen are not a boost! if the hero does spend it another ratman comes and steals again. or a troll mercilessly sacks your tax collector. then your palace guard kills it and not being a hero, doesn't take the money. POOF no money. Great economic boost that is!

Mardoc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 9:13 pm    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

Get Adepts, then.

Apple

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 10:54 pm    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

I sometimes like Ratman stealing from my Marketplace. I put a 100 gold reward on him and a hero or two will likely get rich.

Somehow, I prefer heroes earning gold by getting the Ratmen, rather than me just giving it to them with reward flags.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 2:20 am    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

Krypta/Fervus give you more non heroes so that perfectly reasonable strategy doesn't really work for me. Another reason to embrace Dauros. I prefer Solarii. I shall look into Adepts. Do they actually balance out against the Solarii?

------------------
Smitten with Love I am the Kitten

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 4:21 am    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the situation, but over-all... No.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Mardoc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 9:29 am    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

My comment was based on their ability to kill rats and ratmen before they reach your marketplace, usually.
I like the adepts better when I go Dauros because the Solarii aren't really better than Paladins, so its duplication, while the Adepts are good at protecting my town from the myriad pests.

neo_cleo17

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 5:52 pm    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but Solarii have got that Fire Hammer..........

------------------
And you wonder why its the most expensive hero in the game...

Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 10:22 pm    Post subject: Ratman Plague Reply with quote Back to top

I think it goes a something like this:
Meelee hero = transforms into a minitaur
Ranged hero = transforms into a dryad
Magic usin hero = transforms into a medusa
And cultists of course transform into Hellbears

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: