Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

My Thanks To Everyone Re: Majesty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Peter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: My Thanks To Everyone Re: Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there everyone,

I have just completed my final quest - Spires of Death - meaning that, in the last 8 days, I have played and completed ALL the quests in Majesty Gold. The purpose of this post is simply to thank EVERYONE who was and has been involved with that superlative piece of programming code that is "Majesty" - either as the people who designed, wrote and tested the game, to those who marketed it, to those who populate this board and to those who love this game as much as I do.

As some of you will know from one of my previous posts (Trials and Tribulations...), it took me a long time to get Majesty, but since finally getting it last week, I have been addicted to it. I'm still addicted to it, even though I have finished all the quests - I could always re-do them again and again, and the manual customiser for the Freestyle games looks brilliant - so the possibilities for playing for Majesty are endless!

Majesty is a great game. I found the Northern Expansion quite difficult at times - but quests like Vigil For The Fallen Hero was really fantastic - and Spires of Death, which I just completed was endless fun! - just how many times did those accursed Spires regenerate?!

So, thanks to all of you - you have made Majesty great. I sincerely hope that there will be a Majesty II, but I am fearful that if there is, it will not be such a masterpiece as Majesty. Cyberlore will have to think long and hard about making a sequel - or if they don't want to create a sequel, why not create a series of quests? - or mini-campaigns which we could download? (for free, or paying for it - I for one would certainly pay for new quests!) Just some suggestions. Oh, and on the subject of the quests, could you please make the quests available in the Downloads section work in Majesty Gold? I've heard a lot about the Twilight quest, and so want to play it! Please! I'm sure all the others that buy Majesty Gold would want those quests enabled to work for them too.

So, thanks again for such a superb game as Majesty. I will no doubt be playing the game from time to time (though being a student, especially at Oxford, does require quite a bit of work ) - and I may even experiment with a multiplayer game - I hear there are a core of devoted Majesty fans who play online a lot, so I may just join them! Though they are probably very good

On a related note, I just wanted to inform the members of this board that two great games will be out very soon - well, actually, in about 45 minutes for me! These two games are Heroes IV (definitive turn-based strategy) and Heroes of Might and Magic IX (RPG) - and previews and the odd review seems to be highly positive so far! I'm even NOT going to stay up all night playing Majesty so I can get to my local Electronics Boutique in Bath first thing in the morning to purchase my pre-ordered copies! So Majesty will be gone from my mind for a while, but it will be true testament to the brilliance of it if it succeeds in seducing me from time to time!

Just thought I'd let you all know re: Heroes IV and M&M IX - they look fantastic. For me in the UK, they are being released on Thursday 28th March - which is in 45 minutes! (it's 11.15pm here). I understand that that is also the release date in America & Europe and most other places.
So, for a final time, a really big THANKS to everyone involved with Majesty. You've given me a great 8 days playing it; and I have no doubt there will be countless others in the future....

Cheers,

Lord Peter,
Bath, England,
Wednesday 27th March, 2002 c. 11.20pm

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: My Thanks To Everyone Re: Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

He likes us! He really likes us!

Goldy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: My Thanks To Everyone Re: Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

hehehe
Well even though you've finished Majesty and the expansion, don't be a stranger around here Lord Peter.

Lord Peter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:51 am    Post subject: My Thanks To Everyone Re: Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there all,

My thanksonce again. Yes indeedy, I do like you!
Right - must dash - I've overslept a little, and Heroes IV and M&MIX are telepathically calling me out of my bed.........ah, I suppose I better have some breakfast first....why can't I have an intraveneous drip installed for me?! Then I could do nothing but game all day! (Probably)

Oh, and I promise you, I won't be a stranger!

Cheers,

Lord Peter,
Thursday 28th March. c. 10am

P.S. I bet you are all fast asleep right now....the boards are dead. Sleep well!

The Archmage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:00 am    Post subject: My Thanks To Everyone Re: Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Peter:
[QB]Oh, and I promise you, I won't be a stranger!

You might want to after you get to really know all these nutcases around here.

Paladin Lisa D'angler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: My Thanks To Everyone Re: Majesty Reply with quote Back to top

WHAT!? There's a Hero's of Might and Magic IV?! And an Expansion!? (I hope they still have Gelu...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: