Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Alas, no more Supermonks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamRain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 4:25 am    Post subject: Alas, no more Supermonks Reply with quote Back to top

A few may recall I spent time pre-NE making 'Supermonks' - have Rogues buy amulets of protection, kill them off, Monks would pick them up, and the amulet effect would stack. NE eliminates that since heroes no longer drop anything when they die or leave the Realm.

Now I know it was taking advantage of a bug or something but it wasn't a viable strategy in the quest scearnios (took too long) - it was just amusing for freestyle silliness and I miss it sometimes - tho I understand why they 'fixed' it. Anyway, I'm not complaining...nor do I claim my SuperHero discovery had anything to do with the decision to take that 'feature' out of the game...but did notice it's absence. LOL

Apple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 10:33 pm    Post subject: Alas, no more Supermonks Reply with quote Back to top

Remember that with the Rings of Protection?

Before the patches, you could have an immortal Monk with 100+ in Dodge, Parry and Resistance!

DreamRain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 11:51 pm    Post subject: Alas, no more Supermonks Reply with quote Back to top

Rings of Protection...that's what I meant. Did I say amulets? Silly me.

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 12:13 am    Post subject: Alas, no more Supermonks Reply with quote Back to top

wow I never noticed that they changed that in the expansion. Why'd they do that???

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 2:04 pm    Post subject: Alas, no more Supermonks Reply with quote Back to top

I can't even think of why it could have been a good idea. Maybe it was to make it harder?

----------------
SUPERMONK TO THE RESCUE!

[This message has been edited by Xetu the Strong (edited 09 June 2001).]

Mogor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 8:48 pm    Post subject: Alas, no more Supermonks Reply with quote Back to top

They probably did it to prevent people from multiplayer attacking with a group of unstoppable monks. By the time the potions wear out, they would have destoyed a few buildings.

------------------
-Mogor

Apple

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2001 10:14 pm    Post subject: Alas, no more Supermonks Reply with quote Back to top

Potions!?

We're talking about Monks with permanent invulnerability here!
The only way to stop them would be to get their homes, which could be a problem if there are Outposts and Embassies, not to mention Royal Gardens and Statues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: