Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2000 11:30 pm    Post subject: Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect... Reply with quote Back to top

Paladins are great because they will attack anything, and usually win. My only two complaints would be that they don't go for flags and so usually don't get the money they deserve and secondly they tend to get offended by accidents. I had a Solari accidentally hit a peasant while attacking a troll with a paladin. Stupid peasant shouldn't get in the way like that. Well the paladin got offended and started attacking the priestess. Even after another enemy showed up and they had to stop to kill him real quick, they just picked up where they left off. I tried call to arms to get my paladin out of there, but she just ran back over and started up again. They probably wasted thier time battleing for twenty minutes, all the while priest where gathering around healing them when they got low.
Rangers are terrific!!! Not only do they scout out the whole map right away but they take pride in defending your realm. Second only to paladin (and of course guards). They also go for treasures and most importantly FLAGs. Second only to Thieves. They do like to attack anything but are smart enough to know when it's hopeless and run. After luring the enemy back to town (and the local militia), then they'll turn around and fight on. Unlike the thieves who just run for thier home and cower. Have yet to relocate thier camp tho'.
Wizards are good. They defend well and attack most anything. They do tend to die quickly tho'. They also tend to live in thier own little worlds and do strange things. But overall I'd have to say they're a must, especially with warriors to stand behind.
And here is the question to ask... do you get rid of your warriors or keep 'em. After getting the paladin or WoD capabilities, the average warrior is about level 5. They tend NOT to die and so just live on as regular warriors. I wish there was an upgrade warrior capability. Maybe instead of just buying the paladin or WoD, you had to buy the Warrior first and then turn him into the others.
I've tried not making warriors untill second level castle but they're just too useful (needed).
Oh well.. more to come as I feel the need..

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
KittyKat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 1:46 pm    Post subject: Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect... Reply with quote Back to top

Waha! Mad, I too thought that you'd gone all weird on me! I only just signed up here a month ago so naturally I never saw your post. However, I find it amusing that you stated, back then, that paladins wouldn't go for flags! I can't keep my pals away from flags, frankly. What I find is that without a couple of statues, less gold- and honour-inclined heroes won't bother with the flags. Pals on the other hand whomp everything whether I want them to or not (especially in Wrath of Krolm [grr!]).

I'm with Goldy on not getting rid of Warriors, though, once Paladins are available. Healers flock to the Warriors, which is an advantage (unless you get a whole guild of them playing groupie to a single Warrior); Warriors will also raid lairs without needing reward flags as motivation (though I find that they do this more after they've reached a certain level-- I think they get bored). Plus they're so cheerful -- "Problem? I'm on my way! My prowess is unmatched! Now I'm ready for ANYthing!"

I can have Warriors even if I've got my darling Priestesses and Cultists, which is another advantage

KittyKat

------------------
Here, Kitty, Kitty...

[This message has been edited by KittyKat (edited 04 June 2001).]

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 3:36 pm    Post subject: Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect... Reply with quote Back to top

I hope the 'darling' was specificly supporting the priestesses and not the culties... darling cults?
but anyways, I agree with both of ya', I even did way back then... but nowadays, I usually have my Fervus home away fom home up and running before I even consider the option of adding a Warrior's Guild, so I do almost always go with my children, my loved ones, my WoD.
And as for the Pallies and the flags... they still don't go for them like I meant... they run right by them, attack what's under them, but aren't going for the flag... is extremely frustrating when my level 30 Pallie still has her starting wardrobe cause she won't take the money I'm dishingg out to her for new threads... I'm sorry, but I like to lavish my women and the gosh darn Pallies are just to self-supportin' for my tastes... that, and they act a whole lot "manlier" than I do... and that just flat out intimidates me.

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
KittyKat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 9:13 pm    Post subject: Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect... Reply with quote Back to top

I find the Culties very darling! They're little and cute, and they squeak in the most darling way -- 'What a pretty flag! Oooh, pretty star! Heeeeeere, kitty kitty...' They suck rocks in HTH but they do go for flags pretty readily. And I do love the WoDs, I admit (and not just because I like saying WoD out loud).

Which brings us to the Paladins. I understand what you mean, about them going for the lairs and not for the flags -- they're honourable little girls!! But you shouldn't be unhappy about them being independent -- most guys want their girls to be helping themselves!

KittyKat

------------------
Here, Kitty, Kitty...

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 11:04 pm    Post subject: Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect... Reply with quote Back to top

It's been well over a year, and still no response!!!! Geez.. now I rememeber why I left for so long in the first place, everyone ignored me... don't blame them though...
Well, after much (MUCH) soul-searching and mainly because I was bored, I do believe I've found my very first post... almost brings a tear to my eye... but anyways, I've noticed through several of my older posts how I mainly used the "good" side, how niave I was, and, as I do remember, Rangers were my favorite.. until I got my hands on my own clan of Cultists to help me change my ways and see the light... or maybe it was just a star... but anyways, I do think I had some good points and some good idears, too bad no one would bother listening to the 'new' guy long enough to respond... Kit, Apple, I blame you guys for this!!!
Oh yeah, and Tiger too...

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!!!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 11:18 pm    Post subject: Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect... Reply with quote Back to top

While reading the first post, Mad, I thought we had a Doctor Jekyll/Mr. Hyde in our midst. The second post helped make sense of this. Sorry I didn't answer a year ago, I wasn't here. If I had been I would have tried to keep you from going down that evil path to Chaos .

I don't get rid of the Warrior's after recruiting Paladins. It is my experience that Healers follow and support Warriors more readily than Paladins and they are levelled up.

Goldy

------------------
"Krolm makes me stronger!...."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
The Archmage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 6:11 am    Post subject: Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect... Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Looks like a little run-down on some of the game's heroes. Let me add...

Paladins... Great warriors. In my opinion they are better than the WoD. I'd have to disagree with Mad though. Paladins do go after reward flags. This is what makes them so useful.

Rangers... Excellent heroes in Majesty. They are one of the best around. With the new Fire Balm potion available in the Northern Expansion, Rangers are almost unstopable.

Rogues... Annoying little heroes that do have their moments. With their level 2 Rogue Guild heroes can poison their weapons. Rogues are normally the first to go to a flag (and sometimes the first to flee). The Extort feature is nice and handy to have when you're running short of gold. And of course with their ranged attack, they can easily attack the monster from a distance with poison arrows while another hero attacks it directly.

Warriors... Another great hero is Majesty. These are the heroes that should be recruited either second or first (a toss-up between Rangers and Warriors). They rarely die and their steadfast loyalty (though they are known to be "Resting at an Inn" or "Gambling") makes them an excellent addition to Majesty.

Warriors of Discord... One cannot talk about the Paladin without talking about their counterpart: the WoD. These bone-crushing heroes are close to being the best in Majesty. With their new Howl of Discord, almost no monster can stand up the them. Yet, they don't really purchase any healing potions so they do need to be watched a little bit more.

Wizards... One the best in game just because they are so different. With their spells and their powerful armor-enchanting Guild, Wizards are a great asset to one's Majesty quest. Of course the Wizard's require a library to learn some of the most powerful spells, but after that they are almost unstopable. Yet, they do need to be watched carefully, before they "fly from the nest."

Well, I went down some of the heroes. Maybe later I'll add some more.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

KittyKat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 7:39 am    Post subject: Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect... Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by The Archmage:
Paladins... Great warriors. In my opinion they are better than the WoD. I'd have to disagree with Mad though. Paladins do go after reward flags. This is what makes them so useful.

I think that what MaDnEsS was upset about is that when the Pals go for a lair, they go as 'raiding a lair' and not 'bounty hunting'. However, come to think of it -- don't they get the gold anyway, whether they're looking for it or not? It works that way with enemies -- if a critter is killed in the vicinity, they share in the gold reward.

quote:

Rogues... Annoying little heroes that do have their moments. With their level 2 Rogue Guild heroes can poison their weapons. Rogues are normally the first to go to a flag (and sometimes the first to flee). The Extort feature is nice and handy to have when you're running short of gold. And of course with their ranged attack, they can easily attack the monster from a distance with poison arrows while another hero attacks it directly.

I usually don't even bother recruiting Rogues, unless I need four heroes quick and cheap in order to upgrade my Palace, or desperately need someone to go to an explore flag or evict some Gnomes. If I build a Rogues' Guild, I upgrade it ASAP and leave it at that -- even without Rogues inside, heroes will go in and poison their weapons (including Gnomes, which I find hilarious!).

KittyKat

------------------
Here, Kitty, Kitty...

[This message has been edited by KittyKat (edited 05 June 2001).]

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 12:31 am    Post subject: Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect... Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, well I didn't really start going into the Heroes and guilds section at first because I thought there was little point to it. Boy how wrong I was. So that's why I didn't respond to this post. But I doubt i would've responded to it if i saw it anyway because its hard to make sense of!
*laughs at Mad*
What a newbie you were!

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 8:11 am    Post subject: Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect... Reply with quote Back to top

Palies... running full speed towards an unoccupied area... you stick a 1000 search flag in front of her... she turns and goes the other way... THAT WAS MY MEANING.
Why I brought it up at the time... cause I use to love Paladins but the problem I ALWAYS had was they were never able to upgrade their inventory because they would never go for the flags and so I always had one hell of a time tryin' to get them to get anything...
PROBLEM SOLVED... I don't use Palies no more...

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 8:14 am    Post subject: Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, ect... Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
Hmm, well I didn't really start going into the Heroes and guilds section at first because I thought there was little point to it. Boy how wrong I was. So that's why I didn't respond to this post. But I doubt i would've responded to it if i saw it anyway because its hard to make sense of!
*laughs at Mad*
What a newbie you were!

What a jerk you were!
and the ONLY newbie thingie I see above is the fact I called a Solari a Priestess... and that just seems weird, even for the time...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: