Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Royal Gardens, gnomes and monks...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olivia Chillia

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 12:19 am    Post subject: Royal Gardens, gnomes and monks... Reply with quote Back to top

I have to admit that I'm stumped: I can't figure out how to use the Royal Gardens properly. In one Freestyle game I had, all of my heroes were stopping off at the Royal Gardens to learn various enchantments. It was great! However, in other games, freestyle and otherwise, I have not been able to get heroes of any type to visit the gardens. Only gnomes do it. Is there a preferred method?

Also, why do monks take so darn long to upgrade? If they're not fighting they're staying at home. Although they seem fairly hardy, I'd like to see a level 10 monk. How do I do that?

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 1:39 am    Post subject: Royal Gardens, gnomes and monks... Reply with quote Back to top

The only way I know to level up Monks is to place their Temple in harm's way and then babysit them at the lower levels. If you are playing freestyle you could also use respawing lairs to help out.

It is actually much easier to level up Monks in multi-player games although Chaos or Krolm seem to be the winning combination of choice these days.

Goldy

------------------
I never met a Ranger I didn't like.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 2:55 am    Post subject: Royal Gardens, gnomes and monks... Reply with quote Back to top

place a bounty on your gardens and when all your greedy little heroes are there attackin' it, take the bounty away. While they're standin' there figurin' out what to do, alot of them might actually end up checkin' the place out... search bounties also work, but aren't quite as fun.

------------------
in SaNiTy,
MaD

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!!!
He's terribly dangerous. His brain is identical to yours...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 8:18 am    Post subject: Royal Gardens, gnomes and monks... Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MaDnEsS:
place a bounty on your gardens and when all your greedy little heroes are there attackin' it, take the bounty away. While they're standin' there figurin' out what to do, alot of them might actually end up checkin' the place out... search bounties also work, but aren't quite as fun.

Mad,

I single Royal Gardens is enough to purchase the loyalty of even the most disloyal Rogues unless the bounty is incredibly huge. I don't know what the cut-off is. I'll have to go try it out in freestyle and get back to you.

Goldy

------------------
I never met a Ranger I didn't like.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 12:57 pm    Post subject: Royal Gardens, gnomes and monks... Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy... I must admit, I'm the king of the bounty... I waste way too much money on those gosh darn things, but my heroes are worth it. if I'm bored, I'll even just start droppin' search flags everywhere and anywhere so as to give my heroes just a little bit more money for their spendings.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Apple

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 10:46 pm    Post subject: Royal Gardens, gnomes and monks... Reply with quote Back to top

With only one Royal Gardens, I think the cutoff is just a little over 10k for Rogues, and maybe Elves. Haven't tried this out, though.

When there are Vampires or some big-experience giving monsters heading for the front of the Temple to Dauros, recruit a Monk. When he comes out, he'll usually go after the monsters. Cast Vigilance on him and he'll level fast. Be ready with Healing, just in case.

The higher level the Monk, the more likely he'll wander about the map and look for trouble - this gets noticeable once he reaches around level 4.

[This message has been edited by Apple (edited 01 May 2001).]

Apple

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 10:56 pm    Post subject: Royal Gardens, gnomes and monks... Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to get a Level 10 Monk, try these Freestyle settings:

Life Givers
Necrovale
Vampires
Isle of Sydrian
10 000
Eliminate all foes
Map 779992453

Get a Level 2 Temple to Dauros fast with a Guardhouse (with arrows) right at the entrance. Recruit Healers and maybe Gnomes.

When the Vampires approach the Guardhouse, recruit a Monk. Use Vigilance on him. Do not recruit any other heroes except Monks, Rogues, Rangers, Healers, Elves and Gnomes.

MareBear

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 12:12 am    Post subject: Royal Gardens, gnomes and monks... Reply with quote Back to top

Apple
could you give more detailed settings, or are choices a bad idea with this particular goal.
Can I pick my own map? PPPllleeeeeaaaaasssseee!!!
Come on can I, huh?

Apple

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 10:59 pm    Post subject: Royal Gardens, gnomes and monks... Reply with quote Back to top

Those were the complete settings for Majesty FKS. The logic is to have hero hunter monsters on the map and very few trouble hunter heroes. So the Monk would be doing all the work and getting all the experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: