Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Conflict between temples and fighters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boru

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 10:07 am    Post subject: Conflict between temples and fighters? Reply with quote Back to top

This is a newbie question, so please show some patience. I am confused about the conflict between temples and the warriors that are associated with them. What is the best temple/warrior combination for quest;
and would it be differant for multiplayer?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 10:23 am    Post subject: Conflict between temples and fighters? Reply with quote Back to top

Boy, this is such a broad question...

Different temples and combinations go with different quests (well, the BEST combination, anyway). That's one of the things about Majesty, no one combo dominates over all (otherwise, you get people saying why the heck is this Temple in there 'cause no one uses it). For instance, Krypta with her priestesses and skeletons are good against missile foes because the skeletons have a high dodge rate.

In multiplayer, I have no idea although I hear Krolm was the way to go for awhile.

------------------
Thwip!

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 3:31 pm    Post subject: Conflict between temples and fighters? Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get me started...

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

Golem XV

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 6:21 pm    Post subject: Conflict between temples and fighters? Reply with quote Back to top

korlm isnt always the best in mp

------------------
The King of Typos and Streamofconciousness is here

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 9:12 am    Post subject: Conflict between temples and fighters? Reply with quote Back to top

That's why I used key words such as "was" and "for awhile". I was expecting someone else to jump in with multiplayer experiences (if he already hasn't read those threads concerning multiplayer strategies and such).

------------------
Thwip!

The Archmage

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 1:19 pm    Post subject: Conflict between temples and fighters? Reply with quote Back to top

This has nothing to do with temples or guilds, but since you're new to Majesty, I suggest reading all of the great articles by Steven of Nine (Shiny_Pony). You can find them at http://www.strategyplanet.com/majesty
http://www.majestyonline.cc also has some great articles and tips about Majesty.

Hope this helps.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

[This message has been edited by The Archmage (edited 03 May 2001).]

Boru

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 2:21 pm    Post subject: Conflict between temples and fighters? Reply with quote Back to top

To those that responded- many thanks. I think this helps-scatches his head and ponders the answers to his question-To the freestyle maps to practice.

neo345

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 6:22 pm    Post subject: Conflict between temples and fighters? Reply with quote Back to top

good luck to whatever you choose, Boru, but i usually choose krypta/fervus unless i'm in a bad mood, when i choose dauros/agrella for the paladins
neo345

------------------
"I know Kung Fu"
"Outside of a dog, book is man's best friend. Inside, it's too dark to read"
"Every ship can be a minesweeper. Once..."

Kit5150

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 11:10 pm    Post subject: Conflict between temples and fighters? Reply with quote Back to top

if you are confused as to which temples cannot co-exist, here is a compilation:

krolm (barbarians) - cannot build any other temples

krypta (priestesses) - cannot build krolm, dauros, or agrela

fervus (cultists, warriors of discord) - cannot build krolm, dauros, or agrela

agrela (healers) - cannot build krolm, krypta, or fervus

dauros (monks, paladins) - cannot build krolm, krypta, or fervus

helia (solarii) - cannot build krolm or lunord

lunord (adepts) - cannot build krolm or helia.

my apologies in advance if this is not what you were asking.

as far as best temple, it really is situational.

for instance, with lots of weak monsters (i.e. goblins, rats, skeletons, etc.), i find the agrela/dauros combo to be best due to the high defense ratings of paladins and monks, and the increased survivability of henchmen since healers will constantly heal them.

with dragons, priestesses work best since skeletons have the high dodge rating

with lots of vargs, werewolves, and hellbears, cultists are the hero of choice since they can charm them.

with yetis and wendigos, barbarians work best since they generally have the highest critical hit percentage, and rangers and wizards will follow and support them.

adepts work best when many sewers are present or weaker creatures attack. the winged feet spell is great for caravans, monks, and warriors of discord.

solarii basically work under any conditions. they are the best all-around fighters, but their sovereign spells are inferior to lunord.

multiplayer is a whole different story. the use of barbarians is generally frowned upon due to the belief they are overpowered on small maps (yet underpowered on large maps). this has carried over from the original majesty.

that leaves krypta/fervus or agrela/dauros as the level 2 choice. the majority of players seem to favor krypta/fervus, especially now that the warrior of discord has been significantly beefed up.

also, helia is the dominant level 3 choice due to their clear superiority over their counterparts, adepts.

hope this helps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: