Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

I hate Cultists!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agravaine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 5:39 pm    Post subject: I hate Cultists! Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so the little blighters have some of the funniest lines in the game, but they are cowardly as hell, rarely seem to upgrade their equipment, rarely go to the wizards guild to enchant, and steal you blind (at least when rogues steal, you can count on them to spend the loot at your other buildings).

And the thing that annoys me most about Cultists - I currently have about 30 charmed giant rats wandering around my kingdom. The rats are utterly useless, slow down my game, and it's annoying as heck forcing my rogues to kill them by dropping 100 gold rewards on every one).

Any suggestions?

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2001 12:10 am    Post subject: I hate Cultists! Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, use lightning on the rats instead. It's more satisfying. lol

Look pal, I'm the champion complainer about cultists around here so move over.
Seriously though, I feel your pain. I also hate those dumb little poisunous mushrooms they drop everywhere too. They're pointless and Rogues seldom ever bother to pick them up (i almost didn't believe they did until I wittnessed it myself) at least the rats provide some service in a small defense for your town, well against other rats at least.
I recommended a long way back that they patch the cultists to have them start out with poisoned weapons and maybe give them combat advantages when they get into skrimishes with wild animals. But nobody payed much attention. I think cultists are good mainly for comic relief unfortunately.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2001 10:36 am    Post subject: I hate Cultists! Reply with quote Back to top

actually, the only time cultists are any good is when 8-12 of them are travelling together.

they can unleash a world of pain in no time against practically any monster.

otherwise, they are just a snack.

Zolom Windwalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2001 2:15 pm    Post subject: I hate Cultists! Reply with quote Back to top

i admit when i started the game i thought cultists were cool
YEAH RIGHT
inever saw a cultist steal except once and you are right cultists barely upgrade or enchant
you say they charm lots of rats?
mineonly charm the strongest of creatures
and at high level they can become an innocent hellbear
they also patrol creature dens but hows that gonna help they barely patrol and enemies never come out whe nthey do
as for poisoning weapons that doesnt help at all sicne the poison does little damage you have a better chance of getting a gnome to kill a vampire

pretty bright light

EmporerAgustus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 8:29 pm    Post subject: I hate Cultists! Reply with quote Back to top

i heard that a a VERY high level (like 20-25) cultist could even charm a DRAGON!!!

I'm just a desusional peasant dreamin of bein a king someday.............(sigh)

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 11:03 pm    Post subject: I hate Cultists! Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, but Cultists can't charm dragons.

Would be cool tho.... I MIGHT actually use them then.

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
EmporerAgustus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 6:00 pm    Post subject: I hate Cultists! Reply with quote Back to top

dang

Im just a delusional henchman deramin of bein a king someday............(sigh)

Kandar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2001 10:27 am    Post subject: I hate Cultists! Reply with quote Back to top

Fwahahahahaha!

I feel insulted guys. How can you hate cultists?

Seriously though, the point of the game is to use every hero to their best potential. Cultists, Adepts, and other 'Worthless' heroes have the ability to be as good as anything else, in thier own way. Swarming enemies with skellies & animals so the rangers/priestesses can take them out is just one advantage to the Krypta/Fervus route. I believe if you learn how to use ALL of your heroes, you have a better experience with the game.

Fwahahahahaha! Three Cheers for Fervus!

------------------
"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!"

Kandar, Cultist of Fervus

Soldier of Gondor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2001 1:44 pm    Post subject: I hate Cultists! Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I agree with Kandar on this. Cultists not only offer charm and ranged attack, but comic relief as well. The best reason to use cultists is vines. Vines have saved an expenisive building plenty of times...

------------------
-Loyal Soldier of Gondor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: