Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

"More gold you Majesty"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:21 pm    Post subject: "More gold you Majesty" Reply with quote Back to top

the more (level 3) marketplaces, the better. there are not diminishing returns in single player quests and freestyles. a single level 3 marketplace makes significantly more gold than two level 1 marketplaces. in quests, i strive to get 3 level 3 marketplaces to keep the gold coming in.

elves double marketplace revenue. rarely is there a quest or freestyle game where i do not use elves. a 3 level 3 marketplace economy and elves should provide you more gold than you can spend.

one final trick for making gold is building a circle of inns with a guardhouse placed in the middle. take all the inns off the tax route and tax them each once when the gold gets to 400 to 500 (which doesnt take long).

as far as getting heroes to high levels, you have to babysit them with sovereign spells like healing, invisibility, or anti-magic - whichever the situation calls for. also, if youre making a lot of cash, dont be afraid to slap a huge bounty on a small monster to get your heroes some gold for upgrading weapons and armor, or buying marketplace items. if there arent many monsters on the map, get a fairgrounds up and set it to a magic tourney. almost all heroes visit magic tourneys for some reason.

hope this helps.

Gandalf465

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2001 2:10 pm    Post subject: "More gold you Majesty" Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the tips! All great ideas. I have not used elves very often because I prefer the fire power of Ballistas and Dwarves but with the added revenue I could get another set of Paladins!

Any comments on what a level 2 rogues guilds? What is the advantage.

------------------
Gandalf465

Solarii00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2001 3:02 pm    Post subject: "More gold you Majesty" Reply with quote Back to top

exactly what u said u can exort more and they keep less. oh, and thank u too ive had some of those problems

------------------
"...and you'll discover this girls not the one and she'll never be fun you should just turn and run because you'll find out that some girls try to hard"-Mark Hoppus (good advice)

Rock Golems suck!!

Gandalf465

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2001 12:53 am    Post subject: "More gold you Majesty" Reply with quote Back to top

"More gold your Majesty!"

Music to my ears. But how do I get more. A few questions on the topic of making gold fast on a budget.

Do multiple marketplaces do any good or does that simply devide the profits of one market place and send your tax collectors on a long hike? Any thoughts.

How about Level 2 Rogues guilds. Do they extort more and keeps less of a cut?

What are some of your favorite money making scheme ("fill this bag" excluded)?

One More Thing. After completing my first round of Majesty I must admit that once I got the the expert quests I resorted to cheats to gain my victories. I simply couldn't keep my heros alive long enough to reacher the higher levels. Any thoughts on keeping helping young heros along to maturity?

Chow

------------------
Gandalf465

Supreme Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2001 4:24 pm    Post subject: "More gold you Majesty" Reply with quote Back to top

Also Rouge guild LV2 allow your heroes to upgrade their weapons to 'poisoned weapons' which I think are extremely effective, especially on big monsters. Another money making scheme is to get trading posts way out in the middle of nowhere and set up a guard tower and an inn next to it for protection. The guard house will fire arrows of course and have a guard out patrolling the immediate area while the inn can house heroes to rest. Much better than having them hike all the way back to their guild. This also helps because if your trade post is under attack they will leave the inn and help defend it. That is unless they are cowardly level ones. Elves usually will stay behind and protect the inn. Since that is where they make a lot of their money. Your trade posts can sell healing potions (Another advantage so your heroes that have to walk all the way to a market place) and as you probably know it sends caravans filled with LOTS of gold. (depending on how far away it is from a market) Occasionally a trade cart might get killed but ussually not. They are prettty fast and can outrun most creatures like zombies and skelotens. Having three or four of these posts can get you a lot of cash while keeping heroes up at the front lines. Oh and level three markets are good but three of them? Well I think I'll try that strategy. Occasionally I might make another market place for a bit more income and to give easy acces to heroes but I never thought of building three. I think I'll try that right now! Hope you find my advice useful.

------------------
Supreme Admiral
Armada Commander

Gandalf465

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2001 11:10 am    Post subject: "More gold you Majesty" Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply,

It is a nice bonus when that trade cart dumps off a load at the Market Place. One comment is that taking these out buildings off the tax collectors route is fairly important. First the distance keeps him out of commision for a while getting there. Granted he can make his drop at the guard house but then he has to hike back and often times does not survive the trip unless I am casting invisibility spells or something on him.

I have still found this plan usefull for the trade cart but either tax those buildings once or extort their profits.

------------------
Gandalf465

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: