Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

What makes Krolm so great in multiplayer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HolyWarrior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 11:23 pm    Post subject: What makes Krolm so great in multiplayer? Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I never played multiplayer yet--DoR is still kicking my butt--but most posts about multiplayer say that barbarian rush is almost unstoppable.

Please explain this--any time I've had to use Barbarians in the scenario, they die an early death--Barbarians are too stupid to buy healing potions and to know when to quit.

And Rage of Krolm--please, at 1500 a shot? For that much I'll buy a Paladin and a Monk, thank you.

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 5:26 am    Post subject: What makes Krolm so great in multiplayer? Reply with quote Back to top

You don't get how powerful RoK (Rage of Krolm for all you infidels ), do you? Even though I rarely play multiplayer, I have often seen Temples to Krolm banned on the zone games.

I have seen RoK in action, and it can make your Barbarians (and Warriors, Rangers, etc) fight like nothing can- they've essentially leveled up several levels (except for the HP) for however long RoK is in effect.

1,500 gold is costly, but well worth it if you need it to attack a palace, or to destroy a few Rock Golems that are destroying your town left and right (If you've read my thread about Rock Golems, then you'd know that I just made fun of myself).

------------------
No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.

HolyWarrior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 9:45 am    Post subject: What makes Krolm so great in multiplayer? Reply with quote Back to top

So where do you get the 1500 per shot of RoK? The barbarians never go to the marketplace and you're always replacing them because they're too stupid to know when to quit.

I don't deny that RoK is a great spell--hell, so's lightning storm, but you can't win the game that way--it's much too expensive.

Give me paladins and healers and monks and solari any day. Same costs, and FAR more durable.

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 9:51 am    Post subject: What makes Krolm so great in multiplayer? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, your marketplace generates plenty of gold as it is. This is where Elves come in very handy.

And I agree with you. I have NEVER used Barbarians in a Freestyle Match. If I want sheer power, I go for Dwarves, Solarii, or WoDs. They cost more, but are far more durable (and with the exception of the WoD, aren't above swinging by the Blacksmith for some upgrades).

------------------
No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 9:52 am    Post subject: What makes Krolm so great in multiplayer? Reply with quote Back to top

thats the great thing about multiplayer - there is no one dominant race.

sure, krolm is tough to beat on no monster settings, but they lose bad on most settings that feature advanced monsters (or tougher).

as far as the paladin/monk/healer combo, they match up very well with priestess/WoD combos. dont underestimate the power of the wither spell, especially in multiplayer - it stops paladins cold, and monks are easy pickings for rangers and elves at lower levels.

solarii dominate multiplayer games. they outclass their lunord counterparts.

looking forward to seeing you on GSA

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 9:38 am    Post subject: What makes Krolm so great in multiplayer? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by YoshiHatchling:
(and with the exception of the WoD, aren't above swinging by the Blacksmith for some upgrades).

actually, WoDs do swing by the blacksmith, you just have to interfere a little.

try building your blacksmith right next to your warrior guild. invoke call to arms, and if your WoDs have sufficient funds, they usually go there. (repeat if necessary)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: