Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Need a little help and guidence...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 2:25 pm    Post subject: Need a little help and guidence... Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all, I'm fairly new at Majesty and was wondering what the best way to deal with heros. I tend to recruit many heros but they stay at pretty low levels (my highest is level 10). Is it better to recruit less heros but have be at high levels? As you can see I'm pretty amateur at this.
Any comments or criticism welcome.

------------------
-=A little something in me dies everytime a friend succeeds=-

Captain_N

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 5:04 pm    Post subject: Need a little help and guidence... Reply with quote Back to top

I get as many as I can. I start with a ranger's guild. And if I'm not going to get elves or dwarves later, I make a gnome hovel.

Before the hovel finishes (if I make one), I build a marketplace right outside my palace.

That way the palace guards protect the marketplace, and the tax collectors don't get killed.

Anyway, I make all four rangers and go upgrade the Palace. I might build warriors if I make a warriors guild before my Fervus or Dauros temples get built. I don't make rogues unless no one else will go for reward flags.

Now, about the temples. I think that most people prefer the Fervus/Krypta combo (someone verify that or correct me). I try to use all three combos.

The Dauros/Agrela combo. Healers almost never die, because they get a number of ressurects per level. Healers are great. Paladins are great, but they cost alot. Monks are also quite good - cheaper than Paladins, nice for defense. That, and they will also leave home to hunt(I've noticed that they won't explore that much, but will go far from home if the area is already explored - so they don't hide out like wizards do all the time).

Fervus and Krypta.

I think this combo is probably the most cost effective if you can keep your priestesses alive. Cultist - recruit one for 400, he charms 10 animals. Priestesses get all those free skeletons, which I have found are great vs. dragons. I think Warriors of Discord have better accuracy than Paladins. Seems like they hit more.

Krolm.

Rage of Krolm is wonderful. Barbarians are cheap.

Anyway, I usually make all the heros I can, because the lower ones die, or stay at home. Either way, the higher ones get the enemies.

Hope that helps.

------------------
-----
"But I'm just a gnooooooooome!"

Emp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 5:42 pm    Post subject: Need a little help and guidence... Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that was some great advice, Thanks. If you build a gnome hovel can you not build a different non-human building?

Captain_N

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 8:05 pm    Post subject: Need a little help and guidence... Reply with quote Back to top

You have your choice - gnomes, elves, or dwarves. If you get gnomes, you can never get rid of them, so make sure you don't want elves or dwarves.

Glad you liked the advice. Do you have a Zone name? I'll play ya.

I'm GoTwibe_1

------------------
-----
"But I'm just a gnooooooooome!"

Emp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 8:52 pm    Post subject: Need a little help and guidence... Reply with quote Back to top

Ahha, that makes a difference. Thanks, yea my zone name is Empireman. I'll put you on my list

Kelebral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2000 10:20 am    Post subject: Need a little help and guidence... Reply with quote Back to top

Actually-you can get rid of the names later in the game. I usually build a gnome hovel as my first building, and use them extensively until about mid-game. Once my economy is going, I usually destroy the hovels (3-5 lightning blasts each). If you destroy them in quick succession, they do not rebuild. Then you can build whatever other non-human building you want. Note that you may have to kill off the gnomes first, so they don't repair their hovel before you can destroy it. It's sort of like rezoning laws... when the property value of that real estate gets above a certain value, you zone out the poorer hovels. "But I'm just a gnooommee!"

Minrhael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2000 1:54 pm    Post subject: Need a little help and guidence... Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have to kill the gnomes, I don't believe, just take the hovels off the repair queue (although I wouldn't swear to this as I only use gnomes when i'm going to want them the whole game)

Emp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2000 5:20 pm    Post subject: Need a little help and guidence... Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, thnx for the tips :P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: