Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Solid Tips for The Siege Anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaneth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Solid Tips for The Siege Anyone? Reply with quote Back to top

I8anElf2 started a discussion similar to this last February. It never ended with enough detail or something conclusive about a solid approach to winning The Siege.

The best I can do now is pick off caravans and assist monsters in overwhelming the town. This only works when I repeatedly use Earthquake to keep peasants busy and take out the Lunlord Temple to prevent the Adepts from running around. Basically, when I don't use cheat codes, this Epic Quest kicks my butt.

I'm a veteran at Majesty, but I need help with this one. Somebody lay some experience on me please.

vaneth

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Solid Tips for The Siege Anyone? Reply with quote Back to top

There are many strategies to success for this one. Chasing caravans is not normally the best option because there are very few hero types fast enough to pursue and the enemy sovereign can heal them along the way.

The most common strategies are those that exhaust the enemy sovereign of gold.

Try this. Add arrows to the center guardhouse and battle for control of the center of the map. Go with Dwarves and as soon as gold allows place a Dwarven Settlement with supporting Ballistas in the central settlement. Attack the enemy's central settlement of Warrior's Guild and Elven Bungalows keeping them on the defensive rather than the offensive. The centralized Dwarven Settlement and Ballistas work great. Watch priestesses and wizards pursue enemy reward flags on those structures. Frequently, you will get a priestess caught beneath the Dwarven Settlement and the enemy sovereign will waste gold at 2000 a shot for each attempt to Resurrect her.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
vaneth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Solid Tips for The Siege Anyone? Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Goldy Bear,

I would not have thought of the Dwarves b/c of their slowness. I'll try this scenario soon. I look forward to seeing everyone go after the Ballistas and getting picked off.

SirJake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Solid Tips for The Siege Anyone? Reply with quote Back to top

Place ballista towers at the caravans spawn point and just hold Borjinn off until he runs out of gold.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Solid Tips for The Siege Anyone? Reply with quote Back to top

Resurrection of this topic inspired me to try a new strategy on The Seige for fun. I have screenshots as follows:

http://home.houston.rr.com/sincerbox/images/Seige3.jpg
http://home.houston.rr.com/sincerbox/images/Seige2.jpg
http://home.houston.rr.com/sincerbox/images/Seige1.jpg

Start by upgrading the palace, destroying Agrela and building one Temple to Krolm. From there recruit minimal heroes to fend off attacks, explore and attack goblins and creature dens while rolling gold back into economy buildings. I built 3 markets, an Elven Bungalow, several inns, and a magic bazaar. Once the economy is cooking upgrade palace add a couple more Temples to Krolm and a Sorceror's Abode. Gate is fun for rushing the Temple to Krypta with a dozen or more barbarians and various sundry Ranger's and Rogues.

This took me 23 days......

[ 24. August 2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: