Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
...The only question now is that with Ballistas as your only defense (aside from the 4 rangers until you Bolt them), are they enough to hold off the monster hordes that come periodically, at least in the beginning? I guess so, if Cooker says it works... maybe I ought to try and see

Upon my first attempt my palace was razed by the second goblin wave. I had only managed to get in the dwarven settlement on one side and the goblins came from the other. The only thing I could have done differently was spend less on markets and Inns to build another ballista on the other side but that wave was prety strong. No matter how you slice it this quest will never be a cake walk.

/edit: OK. The ballista defense is a little hairy to establish at the beginning of the game but is possible. I have gotten in my first Outpost and am working on my fifth market. I got tired so I am taking a break. Since Cooker said he took 4 Ardanian months I will hack away at this a little at a time.

[ 03. June 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

If you want use my approch, goldy, put all your money into ballistas from the start. you will start slow but no one ballista will go down if you do it quickly enough.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Cooker:
If you want use my approch, goldy, put all your money into ballistas from the start. you will start slow but no one ballista will go down if you do it quickly enough.

Cooker,

While I am trying yours you could try mine .

I use 3 Temples to Krolm, Elves, Rangers, Rogues, starting Warriors, Wizards, magic bazaar, Sorcerer's Abode, 3 markets, many inns, Outpost and whatever 3rd level guilds I choose (I prefer Lunord). Using these basic buildings I have won this quest many times in 40 days. I got lucky and completed it in 27 days one time. Cannot reproduce my 27 day win. Want to try?

[ 03. June 2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

"I use 3 Temples to Krolm, Elves, Rangers, Rogues, starting Warriors, Wizards, magic bazaar, Sorcerer's Abode, 3 markets, many inns, Outpost and whatever 3rd level guilds I choose (I prefer Lunord). Using these basic buildings I have won this quest many times in 40 days. I got lucky and completed it in 27 days one time. Cannot reproduce my 27 day win. Want to try?"

my playstyle in most difficult quest is being defensive, I only take offense if I must. I finish quest surely but sturdy, I often complete them within one or two tries. there are exceptions. This allows me to finish hard quest reliabliy. however prevent me from getting good completion numbers, since my style differ from yours, it's difficult for me to push for quick victories.

ElayneHolyblade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: SPIRES OF DEATH HELP!!!!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:

I also have fun watching those little red flames over all the heroes' heads.

I always thought those little things were little flexing bear/animal paws LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: