Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Random Expert Solved!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wavefront

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Random Expert Solved! Reply with quote Back to top

I figured out why random expert seemed so much harder than some people described. The random settings aren't completely random. The special events are included based on what the last settings were. If you have hard (or easy) special events set in the manual freestyle then they are added to the random settings. To see what I mean do this:

Select a manual freestyle quest and set both special events to dark magics.
Start the quest (the rest of the settings don't matter).
Pause the quest and select restart.
When the restart menu comes up choose random expert.
You should now have two witch kings in the "random" quest.

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: Random Expert Solved! Reply with quote Back to top

I suspected as much, since after playing with super lairs, exp random started giving me 12 dragons on day 2. Not a terrible good idea, if you ask me, but I guess most trouble can be avoided (now we know it).

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Random Expert Solved! Reply with quote Back to top

I think this was mentioned before...

That's why I'd like a "random" setting in Wandering Monsters and Special Events, so you can choose that and then not worry about it affecting the rest of the freestyle quest choices...

wavefront

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Random Expert Solved! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
I think this was mentioned before....

I did a search and couldn't find it mentioned in any of the random expert topics. The difficulty factor (both manual and "random") doesn't seem to even consider what special events you use. "Random" Expert is much easier with veteran heroes and reinforcements.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Random Expert Solved! Reply with quote Back to top

Check here. I did start a thread about it a couple of years ago... it was under "random freestyle" in the Northern Expansion forum.

wavefront

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Random Expert Solved! Reply with quote Back to top

I stand corrected. There was a topic but I couldn't find it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: