Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Elven Treachery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captnfalcn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Reply with quote Back to top

Y'all may find this level to be easy, and trust me it would be easy, except for the time limit. I was able to muster 42,876 gold at the 30 day mark, from 4 markets. I can't see how l could get more money faster. And the elves are too strong for newly recruited heroes to destroy. I need some help please.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Reply with quote Back to top

Try these links:

http://66.33.60.230/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000074.html
http://www.cyberlore.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000298

Talon,

The no hero strategy is to build sufficient guard towers to keep the enemy at bay. After that build only money makers: markets, inns, trading posts, a fairgrounds. You will probably make more money with fewer markets if you toss in a a trading post or two.

Goldy

[ 30 March 2002, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Jut56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Reply with quote Back to top

Rouges and Rangers work well in this quest. They explore pretty fast and can usually uncover some Elven Villages quickly. You can use those buildings to train up your weaker heroes and then continue to destroy the elves.

RoyalWizard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:27 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Reply with quote Back to top

I Tried To Kill The Elves And I Found "Elve's Hideout" I tried To Destroy That But Then The Time Limt Stoped Me
I Think Its The Only Way To Finish The Quest

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Elven Treachery Reply with quote Back to top

The easiest way to win is to make gold. In fact you can even do this without any heroes. Guardhouses will usually keep the elves and rogues away from town if you place them in the right spots. Now it's just a matter of building 3-4 marketplaces and 7-8 inns and let your tax collectors do the rest.

On a different note the Elven Hideout is the single best place I'm aware of, to find "Ultimate" level items (magic items so powerful that few if any players have ever seen a hero use them)!

Click on this link to see a list of the ultimate magic items.

Who knows, your hero may be the one who finally finds the Hammer of the Gods!

Stomper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:45 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Reply with quote Back to top

My son taught me that the key to destroying the elves is first taking out their statues. Everything is easier after that. I'm not sure I ever beat this one by raising $; I've always just beat up on the elves. I didn't realize there was cool stuff in the hideout; next time, I'll have to take out the hideout sooner (it's usually the last thing to go).

lutra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Reply with quote Back to top

My current strategy goes something like:

Build moneymakers with guardhouses to protect them. Raise guardhouses to at least arrows -- elves don't like sharp pointy things firing at them and affect a "run away!" strategy.

Explore map with rogues or rangers.

Castle to Level 2.

Introduce Barbarians. Hordes of Barbarians.

Flag each enemy building as it turns up.

RoK. RoK. RoK.

(shrug) I'm positive the above breaks no records, but it sure is fun to watch...

lutra

rsk23

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:54 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Reply with quote Back to top

How I Massacred the Elves in 26 Days

1. Enlist gnomes
2. Build guardhouses with arrows, to discourage the elves
(2 on each side of the palace, 1 near the entrance of the marketplace, and 1 near the entrance of the palace IF it is facing towards the elves)
3. Recruit rangers to find the elves
4. Level 2 palace and level 2 wizard guild
5. Build wizard towers out to the nearest elf town, and surround it with 3 towers
6. Enchant towers and put reward flags on elf buildings
7. Watch the mayhem, then repeat this with the other 3 elf towns

The town with the Elf Hideout was the next one I went for, because of its 15000 gold.
To accelerate the razings, I built a warrior's guild near one elf town, a temple to Krypta near another, etc.
Even though I had only one or two marketplaces, at the end I noticed I had raised more gold than the amount of the ransom.
In short: Enchanted wizard towers everywhere make your heroes live longer while the elves drop like flies. Although not the fastest way to win, it sure was fun. But not for the Elves, of course. :-)

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Elven Treachery Reply with quote Back to top

bump

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: