Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Help with quest-Wizard's Curse-can't beat it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Tessa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: Help with quest-Wizard's Curse-can't beat it Reply with quote Back to top

I just got the game and I can't seem to beat this quest. I keep losing my heros. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Help with quest-Wizard's Curse-can't beat it Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the best tip you'll ever get on the game: DON'T TRY TO KILL THE WIZARD TO WIN. All you have to do is get enough heroes to explore, find the hooligan, and arrest him. Then, if you remember the peasent who "Follows the monsters" (she has a yellow health bar) she has to do with the good tasks. I don't remember if the heroes have to kill the werewolves she serves, or if the heroes just have to find them...Oh well...Good luck

------------------
Raistlin, Archmagus of the hour glass eyes

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: Help with quest-Wizard's Curse-can't beat it Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin, Archmagus:

Here's the best tip you'll ever get on the game: DON'T TRY TO KILL THE WIZARD TO WIN.

Why, what's wrong with that approach? I usually build a Dwarven Settlement near my castle. Then after the hooligan's dead I build 4 ballista towers around the wizard guild. Place a reward on the wizards guild and when the wizard comes out the ballista towers can usually shoot him down. (Make sure you don't put the reward on the guild until after the ballista towers are finished or he'll toast your peasants.

------------------
"Hi, Cow! Hiiiii cow! You're a pretty cow, aren't you? Preeety cow! Are you eating grass? Want some more grass? Here's some grass for you Mr. Cow. Hey, what? Aagh! Get away from me with that- No! Aghck--"

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Help with quest-Wizard's Curse-can't beat it Reply with quote Back to top

"Don't mind us, Mr. Wizard, we're just building this here ballista tower for your safety... seriously - do you know what baddies there are out there? Having a ballista tower in your backyard says more than picket fences.

"And the Sovereign is sorry about your book so he decided to build five or ten of these ballista towers for you...

"What? That was your rose garden we're building on?"

[This message has been edited by Apple (edited 01 January 2002).]

mysticangel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Help with quest-Wizard's Curse-can't beat it Reply with quote Back to top

i was able to beat that one by exploration only. get youself a lot of heroes, use explore flags. you don't have to kill the werewolves, just locate the girl. set an explore flag near the upper right corner of the board after the book has been located. set a high reward amount, your rogues will run for it! good luck!

rsk23

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:54 am    Post subject: Help with quest-Wizard's Curse-can't beat it Reply with quote Back to top

My first victory on this quest was by killing the wizard! And NO ballista towers either. Maybe I had ONE wizard tower shooting at him. Of course, I had a full set of guilds and temples with 4 heroes recruited at each. That horde of heroes was able to take down the wizard.
Though of course, beating it the proper way is much easier. You just have to find the hooligans, and your heroes will arrest them. Then you kill the last hooligan. Then find the peasant woman. If you kill the peasant, that will doom you to having to fight the wizard, and I think maybe that was what I did the first time I played this.

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Help with quest-Wizard's Curse-can't beat it Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by rsk23:
Maybe I had ONE wizard tower shooting at him.

Where did that wizard tower come from?
If I remember correctly, you aren't allowed to build Wizards Guilds in the Wizard's Curse quest.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Help with quest-Wizard's Curse-can't beat it Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Apple:
"Don't mind us, Mr. Wizard, we're just building this here ballista tower for your safety... seriously - do you know what baddies there are out there? Having a ballista tower in your backyard says more than picket fences.

"And the Sovereign is sorry about your book so he decided to build five or ten of these ballista towers for you...

"What? That was your rose garden we're building on?"

ROFL. Now I have to go do and see the mayhem. This is kind of like watching the level 35 WoD in Scions of Chaos hack away at an arrow shooting guardhouse until it kills him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
rsk23

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Help with quest-Wizard's Curse-can't beat it Reply with quote Back to top

It seems that I'm misremembering what happened the first time I played this. No wizard guild allowed, so I must have killed him purely with heroes. And you can't put a flag on that peasant, so my decision to kill the wizard must have been out of boredom or confusion, not out of screwing up. I probably had found the spellbook before taking on the wizard, and I think that helped a lot.
One interesting thing about this quest is that if you continue to play after beating it (at least, if you beat it by killing the wizard) the map is not considered to be cleared of monsters because of that peasant. So, you don't get monsters wandering in from the edges of the map.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: