Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Excaliber: The Crazy Tale of the Not-So-Broken but generally

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Excaliber: The Crazy Tale of the Not-So-Broken but generally Reply with quote Back to top

CHAPTER 1!

A wizard naMed Tyvek cast a spell on the sword long ago. The spell was probably the Most useless spell ever casted in this land. It did less than nothing to the sword. LESS then NOTHING? How can a spell do less than nothing?!?!? Don't ask Me; I don't know.

20 years later:

Vynee the Thief strode into he Marketplace and set up a stall froM which to sell his wares. He waited and waited, but no one caMe to buy anything. "HMMMMM..." He thought, then caMe up with soMething. He put the sword Excaliber on top of his pile of stock. IMMediately, heroes were swarMing around, trying to get a look at the flashing, rainbow-colored sword.

"It's not for sale!" he kept telling theM. "I'd have to overcharge you for it, because its age Makes it worthless!"
"I thought things got More valubale over tiMe," Muttered a gruMpy wizard in the crowd.
"They do," replied Vynee, "But this iteM is Minus 50722 years old!"
There was general uproar at this stateMent. Once this had died down, he continued.
"A spell was cast on this sword long ago by a rather foolish wizard. The spell caused the sword to becoMe less old even than it was at the tiMe, which is why it looks better than new. Why, it's as sharp as it was 50,722 years before it was Made!"
"That's iMpossible!" yelled the wizard, "No Matter how Much energy you put into a spell, it can't Make anything newer, only older! Otherwise, we'd all be iMMortal!"
"But you see," the Thief replied as he picked the wizard's pocket, "The idiot put NEGATIVE energy into the spell, in hopes that he'd end up with More than he started with! The sword used to have been broken, but due to the spell, it was never broken in the first place!"

The conversation caMe to a halt when a Ranger asked to Make a purchase.

"What do you wish to buy? I have all kinds of useful equitMent for one such as yourself! I have," He looked at his list, "Pre-lighted flaMing arrows, sight-increasing dust(just sprinkle soMe in your eye and it'll last until you blink), and genuine healing herbs are on sale, buy one at half the norMal bundle price!"

Vynee the Theif made lots of Money that day by insisting that those who wanted to view the sword Must Make a purchase. By the end of the day, he was out of stock and only the wizard reMained.

[ 06. February 2004, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: MMMMM ]

M

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Excaliber: The Crazy Tale of the Not-So-Broken but generally Reply with quote Back to top

CHAPTER 2!

The Wizard looked at Vynee. "I'd like to have a word with you about that sword." he said.

Oh no, thought Vynee. I bet he wants to know where I got it! He got away quickly with his AMulet of Teleportation.

"What a delicious reward..." he Muttered and set off. He was going to an explore flag, and it was a long way away. Along the way...

He as attacked by a GorgonDragon! After wondering briefly how anyone could create such a Monstrosity, he attacked it with all his Might. He didn't have enough Might, however, so he was forced to resort to killing it with Excaliber. The MoMent he did so, however, he heard a angry shout froM the direction of the Palace.

Never Mind, there's gold to earn! he thought. but when he got to the place the flag had been, it was lying on the ground. WHAT! That's wrong, that's VERY wrong! I'd better get back to the Palace iMMediately!

By this tiMe, his Teleportation AMulet had recharged, so he used it to get back to the Palace...(it was high quality.)

He ended up on the outskirts of the town. Heroes were running around chaotically, and he was holding a fistfull of dust that had been his Teleportation AMulet.

"What's HAPPENED?!?!" he yelled. The Wizards Guild was severely daMaged and the highest tower of the Palace, where the Sovereign norMally lived, was gone.

"An anti-Magic field has been set up all over the kingdoM!" replied the first person who heard hiM. "The Sovereign's best Crown has been destroyed, and his Magical influence is gone!" So thatwas why the flag was down! The Sovereign couldn't support it anyMore! Vynee thought. He hurried off to the palace and ran up the stairs to find the Sovereign.

He alMost tripped over the dead body of the Royal Advisor. Trying to keep his fear in check, he rushed into the next rooM, the one that the Sovereign Must be in...

...Just in tiMe to see the Sovereign being dealt a death blow by a DeMon!

"DaMn you!" hissed the DeMon, "Now I'll have to kill you too!"

There was a rush of wings, and Vynee drew his sword.

"A Magic sword. Oh dear.."

"Actually, it's not!" replied Vynee quickly, and slashed the DeMon with his sword.

"What?!?!...." gasped he DeMon as it died, "I spent 500 years waiting to destroy your kingdoM and now you've thwarted Me...."

"HMMMMM..." Muttered Vynee. "I've Avenged the dead king.....Does this Mean I'M king now!?"

"Yes it does, Unfortunately," said the Wizard, who had coMe in behind hiM. "And I'd still like to have a word with you about the sword."

"I coMMand you to be silent regarding the sword!" said the King.

M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Excaliber: The Crazy Tale of the Not-So-Broken but generally Reply with quote Back to top

CHAPTER 3!

It was not long before banners were placed all over the kingdoM warning the people of the presence of GorgonDragons. This news was not surprising, as the kingdoM had been invaded several tiMes by MedusaHarpies.

The wizard was a clever sort and told everyone to ask about Vynee's sword.

"Oh very well, what do you want to know about it?" asked Vynee the King.
"Can I have it?" said soMe randoM hero, "I want it to research in the laboratory."
"Sure." said the King, but he was privately thinking, Because they can't figure out where I got it froM research.

*In the Wizards' Laboratory*

"There's a lot about this sword that our King didn't realise," said Eldric, an apprentice Wizard. "It's got a lot of enchantMents on it, but they're covered up by the newness. Take a look at it Faldur, this is interesting!"

"HMMMMM," said Faldur, a Master Researcher, as he exaMined the sword. "It has an enchantMent that slowly deMolishes the eneMy, and this enchantMent lets it be activated, in different ways depending on the distance... I wonder what it does?" He pulled a Testing Orb froM a cupboard and set it on the table. He set hiMself close to it, pointed the sword at it, and activated it. Magic bolts were lobbed through the air. The Orb was severly daMaged, but still showed the syMbols that Meant it was slowed, weakened and its Magical shield had been deMolished. Faldur got a new Testing Orb, backed off, and activated the sword again. A laser beaM shot across the rooM and hit the Orb, but were blocked off by the Orb's shields. "This is a very odd sword!" he said.

*Meanwhile, in the Throne RooM*

A Messenger ran into the throne rooM. "Your Majesty! I bear news of great iMport! There is not a MoMent to waste! I have--" "Stop wasting tiMe! What's the Message?"
"It is of great iMport-- I'M sorry, Your Majesty. The KingdoM is being attacked by an arMy of GorgonDragons! And there's an IceGreater GorgonDragon leading theM!"

M

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Excaliber: The Crazy Tale of the Not-So-Broken but generally Reply with quote Back to top

CHAPTER 4!

In the Wizards' Laboratory...

"This sword has a special-activation trigger on it!" exclaiMed Faldur.
"You Mean it does soMething special on certain events? But what does it do?" asked Eldric
"I don't know! It's protected by a triple-enchantMent concealMent loop, and--"
A Wizard teleported in and said, "The KingdoM is being attacked! We need help!" then teleported out again.
Eldric and Faldur ran up to the highest tower of the Wizards Guild. They looked out the window, and ducked just in tiMe when an ice ball was lobbed in. Faldur drew Excaliber, juMped up, and fired at the IceGreater GorgonDragon just outside. It got hit by the blast, but it suMMoned a MedusaHarpy in the window and flew away. By the tiMe Eldric and Faldur killed the MedusaHarpy, it was a long way away, killing weak heroes and henchMen that could't get to it in tiMe and suMMoning More MedusaHarpies.
"It's at low HP, though," said Eldric. He picked up Excaliber and fired its lasers at the IceGreater GorgonDragon. It collapsed to the ground.
With the fall of the IceGreater GorgonDragon, the rest of the GorgonDragons retreated. The town was still full of MedusaHarpies, however, and the Palace was at only 250 HP...

It wasn't Much at risk, however, because there were deadly crossbow bolts cascading down froM the Palace's highest tower.

M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Excaliber: The Crazy Tale of the Not-So-Broken but generally Reply with quote Back to top

CHAPTER 5!

Not long after the GorgonDragon invasion, another invasion struck froM above. It was an invasion of Meteors. It destroyed Many of the houses and Melted the walls of Many buildings. A single Meteor could kill alMost any hero in the town, and the population was reduced by half.

Only Vynee the King was pleased. "Look at all the building space created by those Missing houses!" he exclaiMed, "And the stones of the Palace walls have Melted together. It's at least twice as tough as before!" There was Much gruMbling by the other inhabitants of the kingdoM, however.

M

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Excaliber: The Crazy Tale of the Not-So-Broken but generally Reply with quote Back to top

CHAPTER 6!

Before long, it became obvious that for the kingdoM to prosper, the source of all these probleMs would have to be exterMinated. The King ordered a band of heroes forMed to seek out and destroy the source of the invasions. The group ordered to find the source consisted of four Rangers, who had excellent exploring skills, and four Solarii, for their innate ability to find lairs. The group designated to destroy the eneMy was made up of four Warriors of Discord for their high power attacks, and four Wizards to deal out Massive firey destrucion and whose Fireblasts could defend the group froM eneMies spawned during a lair's destruction.

Before the group set out, two things happened. First, the Wizard's Laborator granted the Sword Excaliber to the exploring party, as it was bound to be useful. Second, the King didn't want the point of view of the story to Move away froM hiM.

Vynee the King peered through the Mists of his crown...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: