Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Arimah

I was melancholy. I had been, it seemed, for the past two years. I was miserable; I hadn't actually spoken to one of my poeple since we'd left Ravenswood. I wondered, almost daily, if Dalaer lived. I almost wished I was back in Ravenswood, fighting for the kingdom; it wasn't that I didn't appreciate Stormwind's master's hospitality, but he could terrify me, sometimes.

I was living with an incredibly powerful sorceror, a strange dragon, and a ranger. This was not my idea of living. I hoped my skills weren't rusty. There was virtually nothing to attack in Valmorgan. I didn't want to wind up dead one day because things hadn't attacked me.

Life was just wonderful.

I sighed, and pulled myself out of my room. It wasn't often these days I managed that. I was getting lazy. Damn. My bright appricot-colored hair fell around my shoulders. I'd been born with that and pale blue skin; I was an elf freak. Yes, times were good.

Dragging myself outside, I frowned as Venstar headed back in, a hurried look about him. "What's wrong?" I asked. He looked distressed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

"I just had the first exiting thing happen to me since Ravenswood, more of a strange experience." I replied. "What was it?" Arimah asked. "An old man started to talk to me about a war that was brewing, and that I was in it, and it was all my fault!" I yelled, starting to run out of breath. I had told the truth, nothing exiting has happened to me or Arimah since that gate to Valmorgen closed all those two years ago. We had changed forever because of Ravenswood. There were things different about us now. For one, I was taking sword fighting lessons with the Wizard, I would fight his illusions. A boring life, living with a Wizard.

One day, I decided to ask some questions to the Wizard. "Are Dalaer Finequil and Soria still alive? What happened to the Soveriegn, who was supposed to be in the Palace at Ravenswood when it collapsed?" I asked, walking into the Wizard's room. "Your friends lived,and they have been living in this town of Valmorgen for two years. The Soveriegn followed your friends and now seeks refuge here, aswell." the Wizard replied, as if he had expected me. "One more thing," I said, "Is a war brewing between Ardanians and the Rats?" "Yes, the Rats retreated to the North, after your little battles in Ravenswood. I can not see where they are, exactly. They are angry, angry a two people. You and an Adept. Now go back to what you were doing a few minutes ago!" the Wizard said. He had told me all I needed to know. Quickly, I ran to tell Arimah what had just happened.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Prolouge

It would be my second quest, after my two year rest from my last one. My name is Venstar Trailblazer, a ranger.

In my first quest, I intended to go into the sewers and kill the Rat King. That was interupted many times, for Ravenswood, the town we were in, was attacked many times by a group of Goblins, lead by Simesoth, a Mighty Goblin Overlord, of the Frozen-Paw Clan. When Ravenswood finally caught the troublesum villian, he helped the group for a bit. This is when the Rats became awhere of our intensions of attack, so they began to attack Ravenswood.

After this battle, Simesoth escaped, and went home. This is when a dragon came into my group, which now was made up of Kriven Lootgraber, who died later, Arimah, and elf, Dalaer Finequil, andother elf, Galen the Insane, a WoD who killed himself for Revenge of Kriven Lootgraber, and myself. Another Rat asault was launched, and it failed. After this attack, Arimah, Stormwind the dragon, and myself went into the sewers to do the original mission, and failed, for the Rat King and his Shawman escaped. Oh, and did I mention Soria in our group, even she doesn't know her origins!

My group made it out of the sewers to see Ravenswood's Palace collapse from another attack from the Rats. Once this had happened, Stormwind made a gate to his home in Valmorgen, where we are today. This is where my second quest begins...

[ 20. June 2003, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

The Tale of Venstar TrailblazerII:War with the Rats
Venstar Trailblazer

My new clothes were better than my last set, for they were not as blood stained. Arimah and I were still staying with Stormwind and his Master, who still hadn't told us his name.

"I'm going to the Market to get us some food!" I shouted, as I walked out of the door of the Wizards Tower. We were a little less than a mile from Valmorgen, an easy walk, for a ranger. I walked over to the Market, and saw a sign, it said: heros for hire, we'll meet at the Crying Jester inn, just south of Ravenswood. I was smart enough not to go there, last time I was in Ravenswood, well, you know the story.

I walked around looking for the food I needed, and was stopped by an old man. "The ind is near, and you will have a part in it. You started it, back in Ravenswood. In the sewers, you started it! A war is brewing between Ardanians and Rats!" he shouted, now all of the Marketplace was turned, looking at us. I ran home, right after getting the food needed, that is.

[ 06. July 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Arimah

Dalaer was still alive. I think I all but glowed with the news. "Truthfully? And we've sat here! I can't beleive - we never thought - we could have looked for him!" How could I have been stupid enough to think him dead?

That the monstrosity was still alive didn't phase me. The thing was...strange. That was puting it mildly. I wasn't fond of her. She looked more animal than human. In fact, she barely looked human. Well, I wasn't going to let her ruin it.

"We have to go find them." I said 'them' as a courtesy. The thing had helped, a little. "Valmorgan's big - and they could be anywhere!" I started for the door. "What're you doing just standing there? Let's go!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

Arimah was past a normal person's usual happieness level, to hear the Dalaer lived through the battle that Ravenswood was defeated in. In fact, she was so exited that she burst out the door yelling something about finding Dalaer and Soria, she said it at the same speed at that she was running, so I did not understand but only a few of the words.

"I'll take the Inns, you look in the Marketplaces in the city!" Arimah shouted, already on her way to look for our friends. I did not want to look in the Marketplaces, for I was still scared from the encounter with the old man, but I did it anyways. First, I checked a Marketplace that I had never been to before. "Hello, my name is Venstar Trailblazer, and I am looking for an elf named Dalaer and a thing that has wings, fur, and looks something like an elf. Have you seen them?" I asked the owner of Marketplace. "Oh yeah! They were just in here a few hours ago. They live in the Deadly Hunter inn." he replied.

I ran as fast as I could to the Deadly Hunter inn, having have seen it before. Seeing Arimah outside, I yelled "Arimah! Wait for me!" She stopped. "I thought I told you to look in the Marketplaces!" she yelled. "I was told that they are living here." I said. We looked at the door and opened it, hoping to see our old friends, unless Soria is still afraid of tight places, and is out here in the trees somewhere...

[ 22. June 2003, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Arimah

My heart was beating faster than normal. I'd had dreams like this - but they always ended with me waking up before I'd found them. I was hoping this wouldn't be the same.

Entering, I paused to let my eyes adjust to the dim late. When I could just barely see, I looked around the inn's common room. I didn't see him. Maybe he was upstairs? Would the innkeep know his name? I turned to my ranger companion. "I don't see him," I said softly. "Do you?"

Soira

I liked the place called Valmorgan. There were many trees here, and quite a few around the inn that Dalaer had chosen. The foliage was thick, and it was easy to hide there. I was perched on a high branch, and green leaves pillowed me. My wings were wrapped losely around myself as I watched people pass.

My ears pricked forward as I heard a familiar voice. Who was that? Frowning, I looked down, and saw two people I vaguely recognized. Where had I seen them before? It could be too hard to forget hair that shade. Had they been in Ravenswood? I thought that must be it. I wouldn't say anything, though; I'd wait for Dalaer or the Soveriegn to see them, and confirm my thoughts.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Dalaer

Extract from the Journal of Dalaer Finequill

Looking back over this day, I can say that on the whole I was fairly pleased. My lessons with Vineal had been completed, bringing me far closer to being a master musician. To celebrate the occasion, I had bought a new lute, and was headed back to the Inn. I found a bittersweet surprise for me there . . .

Could it be?
I wondered as I approached the Inn. Amazingly, it truly was Arimah. The Elfmaid looked overwrought, with either unhappiness or sudden joy, or both; otherwise she was as beautiful as ever. With her stood the Ranger we had met in Ravenswood; Venstar was his name, though I did not recall that at first.
They went inside, and I followed after them. I passed softly through the entry hall, and glanced through the door into the common room. They were standing just in front of me, searching the rom with their eyes.
I plucked at the strings of my lute and stepped through the door. They both turned.
"Looking for somebody?" I said, smiling.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Arimah

I grinned fit to break my face, as my mother had once said. He was alive! It was unbelievable, miraculous, incredibal! I turned and saw Dalaer there, almost exactly as he'd been two years ago. I didn't have the prescence of mind to answer inteliligably. Instead, I took a step forward and flung my arms around him, lighthearted. I couldn't have been happier, I think. even if that monster showed up, it wouldn't change my mood.

"You're alive!" I hissed, moving away. I think I was staring, just to make sure he wasn't an illusion. "How - the palace collapsed," I started, trying to say something not quite so obvious. "How did you get past the vermin?"

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

I jumped. We had been found by what we were looking for. "Nice to see you!" I said to Dalaer, holding out my hand. Before I could shake his hand, Arimah and Dalaer started to hug eachother, I'm pretty sure they did not remember me for that briet second. Finally, Dalaer did shake my hand.

"Sit down, let's talk." Dalaer suggested. As we sat, Dalaer went to the bar and ordered us all drinks. "I'm sorry! I wanted to celebrate, for I was going to anyways. I just completed more in my education of my lute." Dalaer said, as he came back to the table. "How are times?" he asked. Fi-" "Very great!" I had been cut off by the, over exited, Arimah. "Fine," I finished, "But something has occured today, I was stopped by an old man, who started to rage on about a war and about how I was in it." "Very interesting." Dalaer said. "Let us go back to the Tower and bring Dalaer!" Arimah shouted. Dalaer agreed, and we started off. But before we could, Dalaer went over to a tree and shouted for someone. Soria appeared. All of us would need to catch up with eachother. When we got back to the Tower, I called Stormwind and the Wizard down to meet our friends.

M

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Ardyn

...A war is brewing...

This time, I would be ready. I would make contact with the heroes of Valmorgen and offer my help in dealing with the ratmen. If they refused, I would help them anyway.

I cast an illusion of myself at the gates of Valmorgen.

The Sovereign

"Gee whiz! There's that Adept again!" I thought. The kingdom was in good condition and the Royal Advisor was giving fewer useless warnings and more useless reminders. There were few troubles now, except for a persistent rumor about a war.

Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Simesoth

I remembered now, it was on this day two years ago. I had left my tribal village to catch up with the humans. Somehow, I felt an attachment and a need to see how they were doing. I was there on a hill, next to Ravenswood... And that was when it happened. When big rat people literally spewed from the sewers and overtook the city. I had seen the stone palace destroyed with my own eyes. I quickly left and returned to my village, always wondering what happened to the humans.

I was awakened by hot water splashed on my face. It was my clan leader, Rii.
"Great goblin, what do ya think yer doin' Mr. Rii!"
"Get up, Simesoth. I have important werds wif ya."
I had been living in the clan leader's keep for some time now. I was promoted among the ranks of Insomnial. My rank brought me two new members to my warband...Wendigos. But when Rii splashed me with hot water, I knew what he was about to tell me was deadly important.
"Simesoth, remember da big rats? The ones ya told me about dat could walk n' wield swords?"
"Yes, Mr. Rii," I said.
"Last night our clan shaman, Gephoss prophecized dat da greater population of Ardania would enter a war. N' not jus any war...cos races would be fightin' wif each oda," Rii spoke and his words were grim. "He said da stronger race, da big rats would prevail if we Goblins didn't do somethin' about it." Rii stopped speaking to let his words sink in. I merely nodded. "Are ya listenin', farkhead? I'm only tellin' ya cos da oda overlords are out battlin'. But my order stays. Simesoth, Insomnial, Morbidity and Pherocious will take their warbands and enter Ravenswood. Yer job is simple: Makin' sure dat da Goblin race does not lose!"
Those words hit me as hard as a shot of strong liquor. It was up to us four Overlords to ensure Goblin survival. Then I panicked, I did not know what it was like working with THREE other overlords. What if their styles were different than mine? We'll see...this is certaintly going to be interesting.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

Arimah invited them to diner. I don't think the Wizard was very happy with that. For diner we had the usual, the finest grapes in the land. To drink, we have wine! Is grapes all this Wizard thinks about!? It is strange, living off grapes, you can do it, I just don't recomend it. Stormwind was luck, every night at diner, he gets meat, all kinds of it. "How have you been!?" shouted Arimah. "Fine." answered Dalaer. Soria looked at the meal.

I was surprised that Soria came into the house, I bet it was because it was bigger than normal biuldings. The Wizard came bac to the table, I hadn't even noticed he was gone, with meat, just for Soria. He also brought pigs blood for her to drink. Dalaer and I looked at the drink, and gaged. Arimah didn't, she was to interested in Dalaer to look. Dalaer looked back at Arimah, "Could you please stop staring at me, it makes me uneasy." he said. "Ok." she replied continuing to stare. After diner, Dalaer and I went outside to talk. "A war is starting, and I'm going to fight in it." I said. "Did that old, insane, wizard tell you that?" Dalaer asked. "Not only him, but a strange old man in the Marketplace." I replied. "So, your going to listen to a bunch of old dullusional people. It's not that I don't believe you, I just don't trust that Wizartd, in there. Let me look into the "War" and "Old man at the Marketplace"." Dalaer said. I agreed, and we both walked back into the Tower.

[ 25. June 2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

M

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:01 am    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Ardyn

I walked in the gate and started wandering around, hoping I would recognize someone. I headed for the Inn; There were lots of people inside, and I had heard that Venstar Trailblazer was somewhere in here!

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer II: War with the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

"I think it's time you guys go back to the inn." I said to Dalaer and Soria. I walked them back, in fear that Arimah would do something she would regret.

We made it to the in within minutes. "I'll think on what you told me." Dalaer whispered to me. I nodded and wolked out of the inn. It was then that something strange happened, it looked like someone was following me. I quickly turned around to see who it was.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: