Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Her Laughter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedChaos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Her Laughter Reply with quote Back to top

Okay people, it's been a while, but I needed a break. I'm always writing, but these last few months have been a real dry-spell. The rains have come and you can expect the stories to follow. Might even finish this one...

I'll start posting it tomorrow.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Her Laughter Reply with quote Back to top

Tilven bolted upright, in his panic forgetting he was lying safely in his own luxurious bed. It was night.
"Dreaming of Her again?", Morga asked quietly.
"Shut up!", Tilven said, and then continued on with almost silent despair, "I'm not paying you to care."
"So tell me again, what do you pay me for?"
"To protect me and mine from assassins and thieves."
Morga smile fiendishly, "And if I see one of these dastardly fellows..."
"Kill them. After interrogating them."
"Well, unless I'm mistaken, the mansion is crawling with rogues."
Tilven, still sitting in bed, angrily groped around in the dark, feeling for something to throw at the sarcastic fool.

But then he stopped. His hand rested on a painting frame, and even in the dark he knew it was turned face down. He always had that portrait beside him at night, and it had been six long years since he had looked upon the face within.
Morga could tell his client needed some time alone, "I'll remind my men we are here to stop thieves and assassins, at least all the ones not under your employ." With that he left, silently shutting the door behind him. Tilven may be emotionally unstable, insane even, but he was still a charismatic and brilliant leader. Morga reflected upon his situation; as the only permanent staff member of the mansion he had a perspective the others did not. But that was precisely why the rest of the staff was rotated among differing stations. If any of them knew that they were not alone in being manipulated and blackmailed, the stealthy and silent defense force they composed could easily rebel against their master. It took more than skill to get a position with Tilven. It took desperation. Only desperate men found a place in the house of Tilven, yet Tilven was the most desperate of them all...

RedChaos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Her Laughter Reply with quote Back to top

Morga's feet led him silently down endless hallways and parlors and waiting rooms and offices and guest bedrooms. The estate maintained by Tilven sprawled out over countless acres, the mansion itself easily dwarfed small villages. And it was all built upon lies, deceit, and treachery. Tilven was the rogue's rogue. He manipulated and ransacked entire kingdoms and still held an esteemed position in high society. That was what brought Morga to Tilven all those years ago. He wanted to learn from the master, and then kill him.
"And look at me now, a prisoner in his home", Morga spoke this aloud, to no one in particular.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: