Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Can you change your Characters name?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greatest of Discord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 6:27 pm    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

Can you change your characters name?

------------------
Bow down before the master of all warriors! Fore I am the Greatest of Discord

Foldalake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 7:13 pm    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, actually you can, but the hero has to reach at least level 10 before you can do it.
To change the hero's name then, just click on him/her, then click his/her name in the character window, and simply write another name.

Greatest of Discord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 7:44 pm    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

thanks foldalake!

------------------

Stoffern

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 5:06 am    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

Same goes for buildings, but naturally then you wont hafta wait until 10th lvl.

Stoffern

------------------
They are all mad

Foldalake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 5:32 am    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

I often change the names of my Inns to "Grimmereds Pizzeria" which is the name of my local pizza parlor.

Greatest of Discord

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 9:26 am    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

Cool! I didn't know you could rename buildings! Thanks

------------------

PurpleAnt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 10:08 am    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

I got into the habit of changing my tax collectors' Minimum Pickup then changing their names to Alf, Albert, Andy, Archie, etc. Anything beginning with A in other words. This meant that first, I knew which collectors I'd given new settings to, and secondly, they'd all appear in a little bundle at the top of the Henchmen's Roster window. Much quicker to see what they were carrying that way than having to scroll down past the caravans, palace guards and peasants.

------------------
Her Majesty had a big building programme planned, and the gnomes were getting restive.

'Unionisation?' said Pilo Quag, and they all nodded...

Greatest of Discord

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 10:58 am    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

Hey yeah i never thought of doing that. Thanks!

------------------

Foldalake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 4:21 pm    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleAnt: That's really one big coincidence! I also use to change the names of my tax collectors to Albert! But I didn't think of that A thing. I just think they look like Alberts...
But the A thing is smart, since then you know which collectors you have changed the pickup values for, and easier to find the right one if a collector dies and is "replaced".

PurpleAnt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2000 5:43 pm    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

They all look like Albert, but you can't have them all called Albert, now, can you?
They either look like Alberts or Brendas. I think this indicates some confusion in my brain's wiring.

In my head female peasants are either Madge or Vera. Don't ask me why... I have no idea.

------------------
Her Majesty had a big building programme planned, and the gnomes were getting restive.

'Unionisation?' said Pilo Quag, and they all nodded...

Lydon Audax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 6:58 pm    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PurpleAnt:
[b]I got into the habit of changing my tax collectors' Minimum Pickup then changing their names to Alf, Albert, Andy, Archie, etc.... than having to scroll down past the caravans, palace guards and peasants.

Clever. And those gnomes sure like to get zapped at the Royal Gardens, don't they? I'll try this because I have a thing going on about keeping my tax collectors alive. (It's kinda like having a full set of Woods...driver, cleek, brassie, spoon, spoon, spoon, spoon.)

[This message has been edited by Lydon Audax (edited 20 June 2001).]

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 7:59 am    Post subject: Can you change your Characters name? Reply with quote Back to top

In MajX you can change the name of you characters at any time, you do not have to wait until 10th level.

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Father Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: